User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    The AC is no more or less likely to cause a fire that the one in a sticks & brick. Do you turn your AC off when you leave home?
    +1

The wires and breaker are properly sized and coordinated to handle the current and protect against a short-circuit. Not sure what the tech was talking to about.
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote monitoring

Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    And on AC, our dog would die if we didn't leave the AC on, we just monitor temp remotely while we're out for the day. Best wishes.
    Your comment caught my eye. DW is always worried when we are away that the AC will stop for some reason and it will be to hot for the dogs. remote monitoring would be great, how do you do that?
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what I use

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You have to have a wifi connection, which could be problematic if you don't have a hotspot, but other than that, it works great.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you, I will look into this...
    DW thanks you also
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve95628 View Post
    What do you use to monitor the temps? We have a little dog too that we leave the AC on for. I have a camera that I can access through the cloud but can't make it the temp in the thermostat. Thanks!
    Waggle. It will send an alert to your phone if you lose power or temperature goes above the temperature you set it at. I set mine at max of 80.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmert View Post
    Your comment caught my eye. DW is always worried when we are away that the AC will stop for some reason and it will be to hot for the dogs. remote monitoring would be great, how do you do that?
    We use this:

https://www.meetmarcell.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this from Amazon. You will need wifi, but this is a quality product, and at $30, it's a bargain. Govee make good stuff.

"govee thermometer/hygrometer wifi"

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use Waggle. It requires a cell signal. You leave it plugged in to an outlet. If you lose power it will send an alert to your cell phone. You set the alarm temperature you want to be notified at. Your AC stops working and it starts getting hot you will get an alert. I have mine set for 80. It uses Verizon towers.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the voltage drops (brown out) at the power post, it will make the compressor motor run hot and burn out the motor windings. It will start to trip the breaker at first, but after a while the motor is shot. I use a power watchdog by Hughes that disconnects on a surge or low power. It's sensitive, but it does go off when the current goes above 30A as it should. It has bluetooth to reset it from bed if too much stuff is on. It will also automatically reset and turn back on once power conditions have returned to normal. We have been camping since May in our new 2021 Transcend at a permanent site. I leave the A/C on all the time and turn it to the highest setting 87F when I leave. Camper's always cool (If the furrion electronics are working). They make a 50A model too, and the surge protector board can be replaced for 20 bucks. The monitor app is pretty decent to measure the wattage you are using if you are going to go boon docking. There are many units out there and you can go up a grade to a voltage regulator that will pull up the voltage and should never shut off unless there is a surge.
    Last edited by GD Glamper; 07-23-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing Lanes did a short blog review on some of the remote monitors. We're looking at the MarCELL since we can add leak sensors to it.
    https://changinglanesrv.com/rv-pet-safety/
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast