User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I THINK the roof is 3/4" plywood... It might be 5/8. Just be cognizant of where the AC duct is run if you use the toggle bolts. When I do mine (saving up for it now), I'll use stainless steel screw and probably C-channel running the length of the trailer, or panel installation, since I have a curved roof. I have to do some cardboard cutouts and lay it out so I know where I want them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    The roof's only 3/8" OSB or ply. No one uses 3/4"-5/8" ply. DRV which builds one of the premier lines of 5th wheels only uses 1/2" on the roof.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    The roof's only 3/8" OSB or ply. No one uses 3/4"-5/8" ply. DRV which builds one of the premier lines of 5th wheels only uses 1/2" on the roof.
    Okay, thanks! I want really sure about the thickness, i thought it was something/8, but wasn't all that sure.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Mark,

Thanks!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone been very helpful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC4 Roof-Connection.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	35337

I am not sure if you can see the attachment, but I have two questions:
    1) Does the lithium batteries need to be vended when storage the passthru or basement?
    2) I am going to want install an inverter, 2000w. I was told that not all my 110 outlet plug will not work. Without testing each 110v outlet, how do I know which one Wii be working ? I need the 110v outlet for the coffee pot?

Zigman Z.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zygmunt View Post
    Everyone been very helpful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC4 Roof-Connection.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	35337

I am not sure if you can see the attachment, but I have two questions:
    1) Does the lithium batteries need to be vended when storage the passthru or basement?
    2) I am going to want install an inverter, 2000w. I was told that not all my 110 outlet plug will not work. Without testing each 110v outlet, how do I know which one Wii be working ? I need the 110v outlet for the coffee pot?

Zigman Z.

No, the LiFePo4 batteries do not need to be vented even if you install them in your living space, i.e.: under the bed or couch.

The outlets that get powered by the inverter all depends on how you decide to install the inverter. One choice is to install the inverter and wire up new outlets that are only powered by the inverter, this is a simple and effective way to get your off-grid inverter power into your coach. This approach will work well if you have a limited need for 120 volt power, for example: if you wanted to power your entertainment center and a kitchen outlet for your coffee maker and they were right next to each other.

The other method is to install a power transfer switch and power up one leg of your breaker box (if you have 50 amp service) the leg that you choose to power with the Inverter will have the outlets you want to power up while off-grid. You can move circuits from one leg onto the other to get all the things you want powered on the inverted leg. For example: you have a 50 amp service and you want your bedroom TV and your living room TV powered up, but they are on different legs, you can simply switch the bedroom TV from the un-powered leg onto the powered leg and move something from the powered leg to the un-powered leg, say the fireplace.

If you have 30 amp service then when you wire the inverter into the breaker box, then you power the entire coach with inverter power.

If you wire the Inverter into the breaker box, you are going to need a Transfer Switch so that you can use either Inverter power or Shore power. If you upgrade to the 3000 Watt Inverter, many of these units have built-in transfer switches and you can eliminate the need for a separate transfer switch.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello David,

Thanks for the update and clarification. I think I have all the information I need. The 22MLE is 30 amp, so I can wire the inverter into the breaker box. My son is an electrician, so I will ask him to assist me. I will also upgrade to a 3000w inverter too.

Ziggy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does snow accumulation affect the solar panels? It’s not uncommon for us to get 3-4 feet on the roof in the winter.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Tires View Post
    How does snow accumulation affect the solar panels? It’s not uncommon for us to get 3-4 feet on the roof in the winter.
    You will have to get up there and sweep it off the panels in order for them to work.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not worried about them working. The trailer is parked at our family cottage for the winter unused. More concerned about supporting the weight.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Tires View Post
    Not worried about them working. The trailer is parked at our family cottage for the winter unused. More concerned about supporting the weight.
    The manufacturer's maximum snow load means that the module and its frame can withstand the weight described only if it is mounted to the racking system properly. Typical ratings can range between 60 and 120 pounds per square foot (psf) and more. (From a Google search on "solar panel snow weight rating".)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast