User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are plenty of hardly used trailers around. we shopped around in May and June because we didn't know how our insurance company was going to treat us.
    We actually found 3 2021 model year 2600 RBs for sale that were used only once or twice all within "striking distance" so to speak.
    We didn't search for older ones.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    There are plenty of hardly used trailers around. we shopped around in May and June because we didn't know how our insurance company was going to treat us.
    We actually found 3 2021 model year 2600 RBs for sale that were used only once or twice all within "striking distance" so to speak.
    We didn't search for older ones.
    How much were they?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And...

Thanks for your wisdom and replies. We are definitely in no hurry so definitely have time to see how things playout; especially in the resale market. We have decided to pursue the Transcend Line. We really like what we're seeing, and can add a few things to it that we wouldn't otherwise. We're down to two models in the running. 245RL, and 260RB with the 260 ahead by a nose. Whichever one we go with we're going to order. Dealership orders everything with theater seats, and we prefer the trifold for extra sleeping space if needed.

Again, I appreciate all of your suggestions and help.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long do you intend to keep this TT? Over 10 years the price increase will amount to what? Extra $300/year. If the compromise is worth it go with the cheaper model. I have a 2600RB and love everything about it. I don’t think I’d be as happy if I compromised and wished I hadn’t. I’m completely happy with the unit and I don’t regret the higher price. Your decision is yours of course. I also believe there will be a lot of late model used units for sale in next year or so. If u can wait it may be worth it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveinmi View Post
    How long do you intend to keep this TT? Over 10 years the price increase will amount to what? Extra $300/year. If the compromise is worth it go with the cheaper model. I have a 2600RB and love everything about it. I don’t think I’d be as happy if I compromised and wished I hadn’t. I’m completely happy with the unit and I don’t regret the higher price. Your decision is yours of course. I also believe there will be a lot of late model used units for sale in next year or so. If u can wait it may be worth it.
    I’m definitely weighing the pros and cons. They do still have a 2021 available at the lower price. But definitely see and agree with your point .

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got our 2910bh from dealer stock last fall and at the time I wished it had the trifold as I wanted the extra sleeping room. Couldn't be happier with the theater seats now. Could be because we've camped in cooler weather and we have the bunks but heated seats are very nice. They don't recline fully but are comfortable and I've slept in them already. On the outside chance you haven't sat in both I suggest doing so before deciding.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
    So we found a 2020 Imagine 2600RB today that was within our price range. Problem is we're not ready to buy today. Also today Grand Design issued a 10% increase on pricing. So the Imagine line is now out of reach for us. So we also looked at Transcend Xplor 245RL and honestly really like the floorplan. Main concern is quality of construction....though I want to assume since both are GD the quality would be the same. Thoughts on the Transcend line vs the Imagine line?

Thanks.
    John
    That is like saying in the old days that a Chevy is the same as a Cadillac, after all they are both made by GM.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    How much were they?
    The prices varied likely based on what they had added to the rig such as WD hitch, extra battery, etc.
    But they were all close to what they paid I'm guessing. From 28 K to 31 K.

One of those, the one we actually looked at, was only slept in one night. It was parked in their driveway.
    They had a very bad experience towing it from the dealer (only about 1 1/2 hour away) because their truck wasn't big enough. So they bought a bigger truck then decided that since they had a bigger truck they would get a 5th wheel. They only owned the trailer for 2 months.
    Last edited by jleonard; 07-11-2021 at 06:36 AM. Reason: added info
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be selling my 19 2670MK soon, moving to Class C. It is great shape never been in any salt. My email is [email protected] if interested. I am in NC.
    Tim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    I agree with Rob. My advice to anyone interested in buying an RV would be to be patient. Stay on the sidelines; keep your powder dry. I think there are going to be some great deals to be had over the next 12 to 18 months - in both RV’s and TV’s.
    Couldn't agree more. I can personally attest, that over 20 people at work who went out and purchased RVs during the pandemic are already complaning, as we return to the offices slowly and start to partake in water cooler talk. At least 75% of them have now realized:

1. Camping, whlie glamping seems dreamy while sitting at the RV dealer, is way more cumbersome, involves more work than expected, and is far more costly than they imagined from a maintenance perspective.

2. Set-up is cumbersome.

3. they can't reserve spots last minute and just go.

4. They ran out and spent $90K on credit for their new fifth wheel and were forced to upgrade the truck, and are now paying thousands a month in payments for something they used 10 nights last year. :-) Starting to rethink the logic of taking out a long- term loan on something they use that little.

5. RVing will always tend to be a bad ROI, it needs to be a hobby you can afford and love, can't consider ROI.

There will be thousands of RVs up for sale in the next 12-24 months, driving price down.
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast