User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been Priced Out of Imagine with New Increases

So we found a 2020 Imagine 2600RB today that was within our price range. Problem is we're not ready to buy today. Also today Grand Design issued a 10% increase on pricing. So the Imagine line is now out of reach for us. So we also looked at Transcend Xplor 245RL and honestly really like the floorplan. Main concern is quality of construction....though I want to assume since both are GD the quality would be the same. Thoughts on the Transcend line vs the Imagine line?

Thanks.
    John

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
    So we found a 2020 Imagine 2600RB today that was within our price range. Problem is we're not ready to buy today. Also today Grand Design issued a 10% increase on pricing. So the Imagine line is now out of reach for us. So we also looked at Transcend Xplor 245RL and honestly really like the floorplan. Main concern is quality of construction....though I want to assume since both are GD the quality would be the same. Thoughts on the Transcend line vs the Imagine line?

Thanks.
    John
    From what I've read, so don't quote me on this, Transcend has a wood frame, aluminum siding and a little lower glamour looking finishes. That line has some attractive floor plans.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    From what I've read, so don't quote me on this, Transcend has a wood frame, aluminum siding and a little lower glamour looking finishes. That line has some attractive floor plans.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    We definitely love the floorplan. The interior finishes are slightly different, but not greatly. The Transcend is about 700# heavier, so still within the range we are comfortable with.

Sales guy said he personally prefers the siding to the fiberglass as it's easier to clean and repair. We shall see. We're still looking at ways to make the 2600RB work. It may happen yet.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The transcend is designed as an entry level unit. what does that mean ...I have no 1st hand knowledge of all the differeces, Like mentioned the wood construction and no foam insulation.
    I suggest make a chart and compare to see what other than the framing is different ..flooring appliances etc.

Good luck with your search.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jobro912 View Post
    Sales guy said he personally prefers the siding to the fiberglass as it's easier to clean and repair.
    Salesman...sheesh!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo GD isn’t any more “quality” than any other brand

We bought ours solely because of features and price

Just buy what you like and can afford and get out camping but be prepared as always and with any brand for some issues

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had a Transcend Xplor 221RB for slightly over one year. Have used it for about six or seven trips the recent one for 3 weeks. No issues so far, we would not hesitate to purchase one again.

Since I don't have an Imagine I can't really give you a comparison. Pricing is high right now but that will most likely change when the demand subsides so you will be able to get what you want, imho.

Regards, Joe

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with what @TXkmpr said about pricing. We're already starting to see more very lightly used units back on the market. Lots of folks decided during the pandemic that it was a great idea to run out and buy an RV and are now finding that that either 1) RVing is more work than they thought or, 2) they have bitten off more than they can chew financially. The run on RVs coupled with supply chain issues has driven up prices for both new and used RVs. This could be a bubble and prices may start to come back down if you are patient.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Rob. My advice to anyone interested in buying an RV would be to be patient. Stay on the sidelines; keep your powder dry. I think there are going to be some great deals to be had over the next 12 to 18 months - in both RV’s and TV’s.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality in parts vs quality installing those parts are two different things. You can have the best parts installed bad and vise versa.
    I wouldn't worry about quality of construction comparing the two. GD's going to build the Transcend with the same build philosophy as they do with the rest of their models. Which is build it as fast as you can as best you can.
    Imagines and Transcends are made differently so it's really hard to compare the final product for longevity. You will have less worries with the Transcend in that stick n tin TT's won't delamn but you'll lose a little on R value for insulation in the floor but everything else is pretty much the same. The Transcend is basically old school built with newer style parts.
    As far as prices dropping. IMO don't count on MSRP's ever dropping. Final sales prices will drop after supply overloads demand.
    Be prepared to keep it for a long time because when supply starts to exceed demand sale prices with drop and yours will be overpriced. I would venture that unless you get a killer deal now that in a year new buyers will be able to get what you buy today for much less than what you paid for it.
    Last edited by goducks14; 07-06-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast