User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D Pisano you said it all! Buyers remorse can set in fast, especially if you gotta pay to store the new toy bc your home owners association doesn’t allow you to park them in your DW. Some of my co-workers have been unpleasantly surprised!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveinmi View Post
    D Pisano you said it all! Buyers remorse can set in fast, especially if you gotta pay to store the new toy bc your home owners association doesn’t allow you to park them in your DW. Some of my co-workers have been unpleasantly surprised!
    Yes, I forgot about that too :-). One of our colleagues bought TT, used it twice, and pays $200/month to store it, complains about having to drive and pick it up, pack up all their belongings to bring to RV, and the massive effort. In-fact, as they can't park it in their driveway or fit into the driveway based on the decorative trees and limiting turning radius, they have to pack everything in their truck, drive 20 miles one way out of their way to get RV, pack it up, and then leave from there.

Then, they drive to location an unpack it. This and the RV just sits year-round in the sun and environment on the storage lot while not in use 99% of the year. I told him "at least cover it during the "off-season"". He said, "the off-season is the entire year, what a waste of money." Just to0 inconvenient.

I have to say, if I had to drive to the camper to get it and then go, I would reconsider. Having the ability to store in back acre and keep plugged in, pack up, wash and remake bed, and put food into it before we leave, along with the ability to just pull up stakes and go while unpacking at home makes this SO much more convenient.

Its unreal how the "emotion" of "glamping" while sitting in a new camper makes people fail to consider all the costs and unintendend consequences.
    Last edited by dpisano; 07-11-2021 at 08:25 AM.
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't speak to Imagine vice Transcend, but I can tell you that tri-fold sofa is a horrible sleeping experience. Regardless of age.

Good luck.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    I agree with Rob. My advice to anyone interested in buying an RV would be to be patient. Stay on the sidelines; keep your powder dry. I think there are going to be some great deals to be had over the next 12 to 18 months - in both RV’s and TV’s.
    I feel the same way. Chevy dealer has a brand new 3/4 on the lot that I would love to have, but they are getting full retail + their fees, etc. I'm hoping a year from now we will be seeing rebates and other deals.

I also have my eyes on a GD 2600RB - but I'm gonna wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With rv dealers not going lower than MSRP anymore and the recent price increases, the model we were interested 303RLS will run about $20,000 more than before Covid. This is terrible and stopped us from any plans of upgrading. I'm sure alot of buyers are rethinking their plans to buy.

Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123