User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5TH Wheel Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your comments. All where very helpful. I was trying to avoid buying and complete new hitch assembly. Have been looking online and been to 4 different places in my area to find a adapter plate for my old hitch. Boy...I had no idea that would be such a hot item. No one has them in stock or their on back order. Even the places I called online that say the have in stock....nope...still looking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 GMC 3500 with the factory puck systemm We tow our 337 using the Anderson Ultimate hitch. Love it, and love how easy it is to store when not in use.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishman74 View Post
    Greetings all. Just bought a 2020 2500 GMC. It already has the GM puck option on it. I removed my old 5th wheel hitch (16,000) and am thinking of upgrading to a 20,000 hitch. But I'm curious and and need a little help on some options on which brand to purchase. I have been looking on quite a few websites about different prices and options. need a little help
    I have a 2020 GMC 2500HD Denali equipped factory pucks. I use a 16K PullRite slider hitch pulling my 303RLS. Works very well. You’ll enjoy that new GMC. Once you get a few thousand miles on it and it’s broke in, it will pull your trailer like it’s not even there. By far the best truck I have ever owned!
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love my Anderson hitch.

2020 GD Reflection 3337 RLS fifth wheel, tugging it with a 2500 Ram Diesel. My son found the Anderson 5th wheel hitch and I love it. I can remove it and install it by myself. The engineering on this hitch is simplicity at it's finest. One draw back is you can't go 90 degrees truck to trailer; but I have never been in a situation where I was in that position. It's quiet, light, easy to install and economical. I am sold on it. www.andersenhitches.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kishman74 View Post
    Greetings all. Just bought a 2020 2500 GMC. It already has the GM puck option on it. I removed my old 5th wheel hitch (16,000) and am thinking of upgrading to a 20,000 hitch. But I'm curious and and need a little help on some options on which brand to purchase. I have been looking on quite a few websites about different prices and options. need a little help

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Personal preference here. We have the B&W Companion fifth wheel hitch. Love it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    After considering how the various brands are built, I also chose and installed the Companion hitch system. It is simple, pretty much foolproof, and will probably outlast me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Personal preference here. We have the B&W Companion fifth wheel hitch. Love it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    This.
    We love our B&W coming from a Reese hitch with rails (old truck)
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re still loving our Reese Goosebox hitch… keeps our bed mostly free/open when we’re not towing, and there’s no big, heavy hitch to lug and store. Works with puck system too.
    Shannon and Amy - Electrical Engineer and Property Developers
    2021 Solitude 380FL Full-body Platinum, Linen, stacked W/D
    2020 Ram 3500 Longhorn Mega Cab 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually
    Reese 20k Goosebox Hitch, Onan 6500W LP Generator, solar prep (future)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was sold on the Reese goosebox until I ran across a companion like new for 400 bucks. I thought I'd use it till I converted. Still haven't with the Morryde rubber pinbox and the B&W my 397th floats down the road especially after adding the Sumo springs. I will admit she can be a chore to wrestle in and out of the bed.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 397th
    MORryde Rubber Pinbox, CRE 3000, Sumo Springs
    2020 F-350 CC DRW Diesel, LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    B&W 20K Companion Hitch, ATTA 50g Aux Fuel Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 GMC Denali 1 Ton Duramax with the standard bed and SRW. We pull a GD 230RL 5th wheel. Our truck has the factory puck system.

Previously, we had a 2017 GMC Denali 1 Ton Duramax with the standard bed and SRW and Puck System. Four years ago, we purchased our first 5th Wheel that was a GD 337RLS. Being nervous with tight turning,
    we used a CURT 16K (A16) with Slider (R16) and Puck Mounting Platform. Even though this CURT Hitch was able to be broken down into 3 sections, it was extremely difficult to install/remove alone.
    The weight of the CURT 3 pieces was around 260 lbs.

We did some measurements comparing our 2017 and 2021 Standard bed puck/gooseneck positions and discovered that the puck and gooseneck holes on our 2021 (GMC changed in 2020) were about 11 inches further back from the cab rear window. As a result of this additional rear distance we were able to consider 5th wheel hitches without a manual or automatic slider movement.

We selected the Demco Recon 8550045 that has a rating of 21K. The 8550045 is the Gooseball Recon Hitch couples to a 2 5/16” gooseball (when installed), that is no taller than 4” off the top of the bed.
    It is critical to get the correct gooseball. We purchased the CURT 60601 gooseball. It installs into the center gooseball puck hole and locks into place.

The other nice feature on the Demco Recon is that it has a typical flat hitching/locking surface, so not modification of your 5th is required.
    The Demco Recon 8550045 weighs just 145 pounds, and can be broken down into three pieces for easy one person installation and removal.

In testing, we are able to safely turn our trailer about 70-75 degrees with plenty of clearance to our truck cab. We have not encountered any situations which required tighter turns. Out 5th wheel has a somewhat rounded front cap.

I know that everyone has their preferences, but wanted to share this information for others that were in the same positions as us.
    Last edited by donbaldw; 07-17-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased the B&W Companion 25K hitch from https://www.etrailer.com/
    I've got a 2021 GMC 1ton DRW Denali with the puck system. The B&W is pretty lightweight and can be installed and removed in two pieces. Etrailer had them in stock, and it was delivered to my house in less than a week.
    2022 376THS-R w/B&W Companion 25K puck hitch
    MORryde 3 axle 7K IS w/disk brakes
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali DRW
    2014 HD CVO Limited

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast