User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5TH Wheel Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5TH Wheel Hitch

Greetings all. Just bought a 2020 2500 GMC. It already has the GM puck option on it. I removed my old 5th wheel hitch (16,000) and am thinking of upgrading to a 20,000 hitch. But I'm curious and and need a little help on some options on which brand to purchase. I have been looking on quite a few websites about different prices and options. need a little help

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishman74 View Post
    Greetings all. Just bought a 2020 2500 GMC. It already has the GM puck option on it. I removed my old 5th wheel hitch (16,000) and am thinking of upgrading to a 20,000 hitch. But I'm curious and and need a little help on some options on which brand to purchase. I have been looking on quite a few websites about different prices and options. need a little help
    Personal preference here. We have the B&W Companion fifth wheel hitch. Love it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the Reese Titan R20 and really like it. (not made anymore) If I had to do over I would go B&W.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, here. A 3/4-ton truck is not enough truck to pull anything that would require a 20K hitch. That said, I really like the PullRite hitches.

You don't say which RV you have. You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Just a thought, here. A 3/4-ton truck is not enough truck to pull anything that would require a 20K hitch.
    Good point there, Rob. I was only addressing the hitch recommendation part. Thanks for being the eagle eye!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, here. A 3/4-ton truck is not enough truck to pull anything that would require a 20K hitch.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, here. A 3/4-ton truck is not enough truck to pull anything that would require a 20K hitch. That said, I really like the PullRite hitches.

You don't say which RV you have. You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    @Kishman74

Rob
    You are correct that the 20K is overkill for his truck - However.....
    Many of the 20K units have features the smaller (lower rating) units don't have. My Reese Titan R20 is an example with its additional isolation bushings that the 16K version does not have. Its way more than I need for my 220RK. I do like the safety factor though.

Also the OP may be looking towards the future of possibly upgrading - who knows.

Just thinking out loud here.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From your profile it looks like you have a Solitude 310 (GVW 15,000), an upgrade to a 20,000 hitch may be in order your choice.
    With that much weight on a 2500, I might be considering some type of Gooseneck since you have the factory puck setup like the GenY.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 Silverado 2500 with the puck system. I'm using a B&W companion 20k. They only offer a 20k or 25k. When I'm loaded going down the road, I'm at gross wt. 12,500. Pin weight is about 2700. I'm about 7% over on payload at 3300. Thats with my 2015 Solitude 320x. I absolutely love the B&W hitch. With the GM camera system, it's a cinch to connect by yourself if you need to. If I had it to do over, I'd have a one ton truck to pull a solitude. They're heavy.
    2015 Solitude 320x
    2023 GMC 3500HD SRW Duramax long box
    B&W companion hitch non-slider

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you have the Puck system, why not consider the Reese GooseBox. It gives you easy access to your whole truck bed and all the hitch weight stays with the 5th Wheel and you are not hauling an extra 300 - 400 lbs while you are sight seeing on your trips.

We have the 20k GooseBox and we really, really, LOVE IT !!!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast