User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Belly insulation material

Hello, we just bought a 2017 Reflection TT and after towing a couple hundred miles noticed a section of insulation panel hanging below the trailer. Someone had done a poor job of duct taping a torn/cut section. I retapped the section to get home. Question: What type of foam paneling is used to cover the belly of the trailer? Can it be purchased in after market sheets?

Thanks in advance.
    John

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're talking about the black underbelly material itself, it is a corrugated plastic panel called Coroplast. It can be purchased from a number of sources (including Grand Design).

BTW - I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full-timed for 9 years in a Reflection 337RLS and Solitude 310GK-R

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 2014 Reflection the OEM insulation was a thin foil. We replaced it with reflectix when the coroplast was down for gray water dump valve repair.

My best guess is the previous owner replaced the insulation like we had.
    There is a tape to use on the coroplast that sticks pretty good, no need to replace the whole piece unless you really want to

Last edited by WhittleBurner; 07-06-2021 at 07:40 AM. Reason: itchy post finger, wasn't done with post
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/