User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you were specific about satellite but I cut the cord years ago and had to solve media in the RV for rainy days and at night when everyone else goes to bed. When I cannot get Skyroam to work, I have a laptop loaded with shows and movies that I stream through a home router I keep in the rig. Works great and no worry about trees.
    2020 Sierra 2500HD Denali
    Equalizer hitch (used Blue Ox before)
    Reflections 312bhts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in knowing what brand this 18" antenna is and where I can find it please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post

Another consideration for me is the Pathway X2 is bigger than the Tailgater and might not fit into storage of the Imagine line. So when the Imagine arrives in a couple of weeks we will likely go with the KING DTP4900 DISH Tailgater Pro Premium.

Dave
    Dave, FYI our Pathways X2 antenna fits under the bed of a 2600RB. I believe your 2670MK will have similar under bed storage.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm another Pathway X2 fan. We had a traveler roof mount on our class A. I greatly prefer the Pathway. You can move it away from the trees.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used the Pathway x2 for a few years and it worked well but with the limitations inherent with one satellite at a time reception. We installed a RF mogul system and have been very happy with it. This gives us the same service you would get at home, full dvr, 5 tuner record capacity etc
    Add the dish for my rv ap so you can spot the satellites while you park and seldom or never have an issue with reception.
    Agree on the local sports no longer available but we just added the extra innings package and good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Reflection TT so I have room in the bed of my truck. I mounted a winegard trav'lr dish on a folding table from Lowes, added a handle and wheels. I can now pull it out and place it where I need it and can get 3 sats at the same time with HD. I can load/unload it myself but it is easier with the DW helping. If we are parking just overnight I have a tailgater that I use. This is all with the Dish system which we have at home. As stated above it only costs $7/month per receiver to add the camper and I can start/stop the service at any time. We are getting ready to leave in two weeks for a month trip to Kansas and Oklahoma so I will activate the receivers next week.
    The trav'lr dish is expensive but I get good reception even where the portable can't get a signal. It is rare not to get a signal and if I don't, I just move the dish to where I can. I've been doing this for 4 years without any major problems. BTW the people at winegard will tell you that the tra'vlr CAN NOT be mounted to be portable but with a little ingenuity it's no problem.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
    Sooner than later Elon’s Star link will be available. Word has it they will be making mobile systems ie for the campers etc that will work of your plan at home. I placed my reservation with them already. Speed testing looks amazing with the growth potential seeming to be exponential.
    I’ll keep ya posted but the ability to have internet connectivity using my streaming accounts as if I was home seems to be a game changer should it come to fruition.
    I have the Starlink system, and it requires a lot of open space overhead, with a northeast view. Today, you're limited to about a 10 mile radius from the home address you give them. I've tried it further away, and it doesn't work. The last conversation I had with them (about a month ago), they have no plans to make it portable. Could that change? It's possible, but unlikely due to how they balance the load on the satellites.

That said, when it work, it works great. If you have a lot of open sky, I'd recommend it for home use.

Edit: we recently swapped over to Nomad Internet, in conjunction with a WeBoost amplifier. It's cellular based, so if you have a small native 4G signal, you have unlimited internet. I'm still evaluating it, so can't give a thorough review yet.
    Last edited by Chuck.N; 07-18-2021 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Update
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    If you already have Dish, that is your best option for satellite for the dollar because you can tack on another receiver inexpensively and pay for only the months you use it. You will just need to buy your receiver and Dish. We use a Wally and Winegard carryout.
    That's more or less what we did. One summer we cam home from vacation and found all of our home electronics fried from a lightening strike. Our telephone connection box was 30 feet from the house burnt black. We had dish at the time and figured it was a great time to upgrade to HD (Insurance $$ helped). Some time later we added another HD receiver upstairs, but on the same antenna. Lightbulb. My ide of roughing it has always been a black and white TV, and since I pay for Dish whether I'm home or not, I bought a second HD dish off Ebay (eastern arc). I made a tripod out of electrical conduit and minerallac fittings ($35 in parts). We now take our upstairs receiver with the portable dish always in the RV. If there are not a lot trees between your dish and the satellites you can get great reception. My brother bought a "tailgater" dish, but the dish reception area is very small and he needs nearly no trees at all to get every satellite.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim2542 View Post
    We used the Pathway x2 for a few years and it worked well but with the limitations inherent with one satellite at a time reception. We installed a RF mogul system and have been very happy…
    Add the dish for my rv ap so you can spot the satellites while you park and seldom or never have an issue with reception.
    I don’t understand the need for the “dish for my RV” ap. Doesn’t the Mogul automatically search and lock onto the satellites? We had a Travel’r on our class A and I just turned on the control unit for the dish and it completed the setup automatically.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I don’t understand the need for the “dish for my RV” ap. Doesn’t the Mogul automatically search and lock onto the satellites? We had a Travel’r on our class A and I just turned on the control unit for the dish and it completed the setup automatically.
    The app is necessary to change your locals when you move. The antenna will find the satellites, but if you have moved out of the cone for the locals in your last location, you have to change this on the servers in order to have locals authorized in your new location (it's a simple process). Local channels are market-specific. If you don't have the locals package, no need to worry.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12