User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You are correct, with the tow package, it does come with an external trans cooler... I just checked the specs. I’ll just get a gauge installed and see if I need any auxiliary cooling.
    You should be fine if it has one. A gauge would be good or you could buy a monitor to plug into your obd and it should show trans temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Payload on my F150 at 1400# is less than your truck, GVWR is higher at 7000. I use an Andersen and have not had any unexpected stability issues. Driving into a 30-40MPH headwind on I84 in the Columbia River Gorge was the only time I was uncomfortably knocked around, but then even the commercial guys had slowed to 60MPH.
    With the Boss and 300# of dog in the cab, 1/3 tank of fresh and 300# in the below the bed storage, 200# of other stuff in the kitchen and bath, my CAT tongue weight has averaged 750#.
    We are very happy with the 2150RB.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You are correct, with the tow package, it does come with an external trans cooler... I just checked the specs. I’ll just get a gauge installed and see if I need any auxiliary cooling.
    That is my understanding also.
    You can also monitor oil and trans temps on the screen.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An obd is a good idea, I’ve never owned one, any suggestions?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Payload on my F150 at 1400# is less than your truck, GVWR is higher at 7000. I use an Andersen and have not had any unexpected stability issues. Driving into a 30-40MPH headwind on I84 in the Columbia River Gorge was the only time I was uncomfortably knocked around, but then even the commercial guys had slowed to 60MPH.
    With the Boss and 300# of dog in the cab, 1/3 tank of fresh and 300# in the below the bed storage, 200# of other stuff in the kitchen and bath, my CAT tongue weight has averaged 750#.
    We are very happy with the 2150RB.
    Thanks for that, that’s great to know a real world example of the TW and we would probably be similarly loaded.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to vote I think you can do it as well. Also think that trailer is at the top end of what your truck can handle. Tons of hitch options in the mid range including equalizer, andersen, blue ox, and many others.

High end you’re looking at Hensley or Pro-pride. If the price doesn’t make you spit out your drink, everyone who has them loves them, and you should have the payload to handle the extra weight.

Would love to hear back how it does if/when you get the trailer! Would also love to see it on the road. Something about a single cab truck is still just right.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    I’m going to vote I think you can do it as well. Also think that trailer is at the top end of what your truck can handle. Tons of hitch options in the mid range including equalizer, andersen, blue ox, and many others.

High end you’re looking at Hensley or Pro-pride. If the price doesn’t make you spit out your drink, everyone who has them loves them, and you should have the payload to handle the extra weight.

Would love to hear back how it does if/when you get the trailer! Would also love to see it on the road. Something about a single cab truck is still just right.
    Thanks! Good info and that’s great to hear another vote of confidence. I’m in love with the trailer, it’ll be just perfect for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12