User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did it again, Discount Tire

Removed all six wheel/tires from our 397th, took to discount tire to be balanced. They wanted 15$ a tire to balance them, not having to remove or install on the vehicle. Thought that very excessive. Then listened to well informed tech that explained why trailer tires don’t need to be balanced. Ran away as fast as I could. Found a local shop that did it fo 5 bucks a wheel/tire, and was grateful for my business.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you buy the tires at Discount Tires?

I got my truck tires there so they do a balance and rotate free every 5000 miles.

I had an independent shop mount and balance my camper tires, $20 each. When I had a flat on one I went to Big-O and they repair and balanced it (just don't recall the price).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Did you buy the tires at Discount Tires?

I got my truck tires there so they do a balance and rotate free every 5000 miles.

I had an independent shop mount and balance my camper tires, $20 each. When I had a flat on one I went to Big-O and they repair and balanced it (just don't recall the price).
    No didn't buy these tires there, but would have been willing to pay a reasonable price, considering how many tires I have bought there in past years.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had mine balanced when I last mounted - I think the next time I replace them I'm going to go with Dynabeads though. I've been running them in my truck (with TPMS!) for the last 2 years and really like them.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS