User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Time Out…Oh My!

Not technically first time out if you count the shake down cruise but we are on a 30 day trip across the country from Florida to California and back again. with our 2021 3250bh. Day 8 and the water heater quit working. I bypassed the thermocouple and it works so gotta find a dealer with one. Screen door for master bedroom doesn’t even come close to hitting the catch. Dometic fridge is hit and miss. Sometimes it’s cold enough, most of the time it’s not. I often have to coax it into working on gas. Rear grey water tank pull cable has been seized since day one so it takes a pair of pliers to get it to move even with significant lube. Had some interior trim just fall off. Replaced the drawer handles with something less katana-like after cutting my leg open on the under-bunk drawers. Fridge door handle broke because the latch wouldn’t release it from the frame without coercion. Screws for the skirting on the starboard side began backing themselves out.
    All that said, still love it and I knew getting into it I’d have to become an RV repairman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 Humans, 2 Dogs
    2021 Chevy 2500HD High Country
    2021 3250BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterA View Post
    Not technically first time out if you count the shake down cruise but we are on a 30 day trip across the country from Florida to California and back again. with our 2021 3250bh. Day 8 and the water heater quit working. I bypassed the thermocouple and it works so gotta find a dealer with one. Screen door for master bedroom doesn’t even come close to hitting the catch. Dometic fridge is hit and miss. Sometimes it’s cold enough, most of the time it’s not. I often have to coax it into working on gas. Rear grey water tank pull cable has been seized since day one so it takes a pair of pliers to get it to move even with significant lube. Had some interior trim just fall off. Replaced the drawer handles with something less katana-like after cutting my leg open on the under-bunk drawers. Fridge door handle broke because the latch wouldn’t release it from the frame without coercion. Screws for the skirting on the starboard side began backing themselves out.
    All that said, still love it and I knew getting into it I’d have to become an RV repairman.

As the t-shirt says, “The only thing that works on an RV is the owner”.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be able to match up a thermo coupler at the hardware store with the added benefit it will likely be cheaper. For the fridge try moving the the little temp sensor to the right a few fins and see if that helps. Those latches ar famous for breaking. I keep meanin to keep a spare haning around. Broke one in the last trailer. Once you get the timing down on working the clip and pulling it'll get better.

Glad you love the trailer and have the right attitude for RVing! cross country and back in 30 days!!! I'm tired thinking about it.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    You might be able to match up a thermo coupler at the hardware store with the added benefit it will likely be cheaper. For the fridge try moving the the little temp sensor to the right a few fins and see if that helps. Those latches ar famous for breaking. I keep meanin to keep a spare haning around. Broke one in the last trailer. Once you get the timing down on working the clip and pulling it'll get better.

Glad you love the trailer and have the right attitude for RVing! cross country and back in 30 days!!! I'm tired thinking about it.

Thanks for the tip on the thermocouple and the fridge. I will try that. The fridge wouldn’t open without physically pushing the door to the right while pulling the latch and the fridge open at the same time. I’m going to find an alternative to that flimsy plastic. I know I still sound like I’m whining. I do love it even with the cheap plastic handles lol. Imagine complaining in a forum while looking up at the stars parked on a cliff overlooking the badlands…woe is me.

3 Humans, 2 Dogs
    2021 3250BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aargh, add to the list a large section of black trim on the slide is now somewhere in Texas. Looks like it just came loose then broke in the wind. Doesn’t surprise me since I had a panel on the dinette bench fall off and the door jam for the bunkhouse unglued itself from the wall. Repairs are one thing but having your new trailer literally falling apart is frustrating.

3 Humans, 2 Dogs
    2021 3250BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if this will help out. On the fridge the door handle is designed like a latch. Push on the inner part of the handle and pull on the outer part.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXkmpr View Post
    Don't know if this will help out. On the fridge the door handle is designed like a latch. Push on the inner part of the handle and pull on the outer part.
    Ours works differently. The whole handle pivots as you pull which unlatched the fridge…we’ll that’s how it’s supposed to work anyway.

3 Humans, 2 Dogs
    2021 3250BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You definitely need to know your way around a toolbox to own any Rv.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags4266 View Post
    You definitely need to know your way around a toolbox to own any Rv.
    I don't know................periodic maintenance is one thing, but having your new trailer fall apart on the first trip is another. It's getting painful reading some of the stories on the forums.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here’s my take, we bought a brand new 2600rb, sold our A class. We go out for the summer 5/6 months at a time. The 2600rb had some same issues, trim popping soft shower pan, HW heater only works on electric bad control board. Bedroom slider door feel off. All easy fixes to me. I would rather spend my money than wait for a 2 month service call and have some idiot work on my trailer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast