User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Berkey's are capable of taking creek or even swamp water and filtering it to levels cleaner than most municipal systems. Biggest issue is finding a place to store/use in a 2600RB. Too tall for the counter/cabinets and won't travel well unless tied down well.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the “Travel Berkey”. The top canister turns upside down and nests inside the lower. You just have to find a place for the lid. We use it both at home and in the trailer. It is short enough when in “stowed” mode that it fits into the cabinet in the bathroom when we are traveling between stops. When parked, it goes on the counter.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=FT4NOW;380955]We have a filter for the whole water system, but use a Berkey water filter for drinking and cooking. We use one at home as well. Even our dogs drink Berkey water, in fact, if it isnt Berkey water, one of the dogs wont touch the water.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE\]

+1 on this, we have been using a Berky at home for 9 years, through hurricane Harvey and the snowmageddon in Houston. We have a two stage filter for the whole trailer and the use Berky water for drinking and cooking as well. No power or water pressure required to give you good clean drinking water.

Clearsource Premium RV Water Filter System for the whole trailer.
    Phillip
    2021 F250 King Ranch 6.7L PS SRW SB CC 4x4 Tremor, 35k inverter, 60gal S&B tank.
    2019 312 BHTS, MORyde CRE300, five leaf 6k leafsprings , MORyde heavy duty shackles.
    Non Destructive Examiner- Oilfield Trash

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto, on the Berkey, we don't use anything else for drinking water. I do use the cheapo Camco filter for the water going into the camper as a prefilter and think it suffices to keep any major sediment, etc out of the system. As far as travelling with the Berkey, I take the filters out, put them in ziplocks and the whole thing fits in the travel tote in the back seat of the truck.
    Last edited by drydocked; 07-15-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    Dan & Wendy, Greene,NY and Naples, NY
    2022 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Gas with 5th wheel puck system, Demco 18K Autoslide
    2011 Silverado 2500HD, 3.73 => 4.10
    2016 Reflection 29RS, Morryde CRE3000, Wet bolt kit & XFactor Crossmembers

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Of the 189 places we've stayed in the past six years, none of them have had water systems that weren't tested and approved by the appropriate local authority. As long as your RV fresh water tank and system are sanitized, the water is safe. We use the whole-house filter in our Solitude (keep a carbon filter cartridge in it) and a filter pitcher in the fridge for cold drinking water and to make coffee and cook with (the second filtering with a carbon filter helps with any taste issues). The last water or food related illness I had was in Somalia in 1982.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. You just answered a question I was going to ask. Been 20 years since I pulled an RV anyone can sleep in. That was with our 5 kids and I had some strategic stops to fill the tank with known water quality. Now with the wife and I retiring and wanting to get back on the road, I started thinking again because I know we carried extra gallons with us to cook with. 20 years back, I wasn't confident that water was regularly tested and given our age now, probably a bit more susceptible to water changes.

I'll admit I'm overly fussy about water quality. I have good well water at home but I still carry a bottle of water with me everywhere and refill from faucet if there are none in the refrig. Where I work though, there are signs warning you not to drink the water at each cooler.

Out of curiosity, do you lose much flow at the faucets with the carbon filter? It really dropped the flow when I put them in at home.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Thanks Rob. You just answered a question I was going to ask. Been 20 years since I pulled an RV anyone can sleep in. That was with our 5 kids and I had some strategic stops to fill the tank with known water quality. Now with the wife and I retiring and wanting to get back on the road, I started thinking again because I know we carried extra gallons with us to cook with. 20 years back, I wasn't confident that water was regularly tested and given our age now, probably a bit more susceptible to water changes.

I'll admit I'm overly fussy about water quality. I have good well water at home but I still carry a bottle of water with me everywhere and refill from faucet if there are none in the refrig. Where I work though, there are signs warning you not to drink the water at each cooler.

Out of curiosity, do you lose much flow at the faucets with the carbon filter? It really dropped the flow when I put them in at home.
    I know I'm not Rob, but... With the two stage filter I added to our coach, we have plenty of flow from the faucets. Because I washed filtered water to go into the coach from the very first time we use it, I have nothing to compare it to.

As long as the campground water supply is at least 40 PSI, I see flow like I do with the faucets at home.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use in line a soft water tank/in line carbon filter, and finally the Nautilus filter system attached to RV. Water tastes the same from TX, to MN, to WA as it does at home in MT (spring water well)

All backed up by an inline adjustable pressure valve suggested by someone here. We keep it at 45 psi.
    Last edited by Sportsdad60; 08-07-2021 at 06:29 PM.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    None to speak of. I have to keep a pressure regulator adjusted to 40 - 45 PSI (many parks have pressures 80 PSI+) anyway. Also, if the flow is too great, it fills up the gray tank faster.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your toilet is safe then😄😄😄
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12