Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside TV Connection

The outside TV connection on our 295RL has two connection points - one labeled “SAT” and one labeled “CABLE”. Will the OTA antenna feed a signal to either of these connections? If not, is there a way to make that happen? Thanks.
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    2017 Ram 2500 CC, 6.7L Cummins Diesel 🐏
    2022 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    The outside TV connection on our 295RL has two connection points - one labeled “SAT” and one labeled “CABLE”. Will the OTA antenna feed a signal to either of these connections? If not, is there a way to make that happen? Thanks.
    No, neither will connect the OTA antenna.

To do that, you will have to buy a splitter and some coax and go from the inside TV, where the booster is, and out to the outside TV.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about where you would connect a TV for outside viewing or where the connections are in the utility bay for everything coming in? If you're talking about a connection for the outdoor TV, connect the TV to the "Cable" outlet and turn on the antenna amplifier to feed the OTA antenna signal to the outdoor TV.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Are you talking about where you would connect a TV for outside viewing or where the connections are in the utility bay for everything coming in? If you're talking about a connection for the outdoor TV, connect the TV to the "Cable" outlet and turn on the antenna amplifier to feed the OTA antenna signal to the outdoor TV.

Rob
    I think I'm gonna have to trace my cables, because that didn't work for me in my 2021 320MKS.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    I am, indeed, talking about the connection for outdoor viewing. We love to watch college football, so I'm trying to get everything understood and ready for the season; our own tailgate parties regardless of where we are.
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    We're looking at getting DISH service for our RV, too, so I'm trying to learn about making those connections. So far, it looks like the best way to go there is satellite antenna to receiver to TV; I'm not sure I'd be able to use the onboard connections.
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    We're looking at getting DISH service for our RV, too, so I'm trying to learn about making those connections. So far, it looks like the best way to go there is satellite antenna to receiver to TV; I'm not sure I'd be able to use the onboard connections.
    The on-board coax setup is intended to work for satellite. However, the quality of the cable and splicers is typically poor and, on both of our rigs, I've had to bypass the OEM coax and install in entry point directly below the TV/entertainment center and use quad-shield coax for everything. Besides the poor quality of the OEM wiring, the automatic portable antennas utilize the coax not just for the TV signal itself, but for power and control signals to operate the antenna. This demands more of the coax and voltage drops due to poor wiring or connections cause real issues. Your needs will further complicate things... we only use the one TV in the main living area (I even removed the bedroom TV from the rig).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Dish for my TV. I route the coax from the antenna thru a gap in the slide out to the inside hopper. I have tried all the coax connections in the incoming utility bay of my 2670MK and nothing works.