User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    I see all the "atta boys" are for the Coleman AC's. I have the Dometic AC's and am very disappointed in how the airflow fits. There are gaps in both the side openings and the main fan opening in the ceiling. The Dometic airfow is a much different animal. So be warned all you Dometic Airfow folks.

I am going to do the diy version on my second AC.
    Please contact the manufacturer about this, I had the same issue and they immediately sent out an updated model that correctly fits the dometic units.
    Last edited by diligenthunter; 07-17-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dido

[QUOTE=el Rojo;381151]We installed ours (3) about 10 days ago. We're camping in 89 degrees with humidity. We can no longer take an afternoon nap with all 3 AC's running. Now we just use the living room AC. No telling how much electricity we wasted cooling the outdoors. We can also watch the living room TV with that AC on where we couldn't hear the TV before.

FYI, I don't sell these or get a commission, just trying to pass along a nice upgrade to the folks who need them.

Red[/QUOTE

Units work very well, considering buying a second one for bedroom ac

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaJohn View Post
    I checked the 2 AC units in our 310GK and the unit in the main part of the trailer has the kit installed but not the one in the bedroom.

I got to thinking that there might be some reason they did this other that just saving a couple of bucks. The only thing I came up with was if you were in a climate where you wanted to leave the AC on all night when you sleep. If you open the side vents on the AC unit then most of the air would go directly into the bedroom and little would go thru the vent system into the rest of the trailer. This coupled with the bedroom AC having its own thermostat, if you closed the door that would keep the bedroom comfortable without the expense of cooling the entire trailer.

I am going to think about this before I jump in and put a kit in the bedroom AC.
    One caveat. I've heard that having the RV Air Flow in one AC and not the other will cause one unit to work harder than the other possibly leading to a premature failure or shorter life span. Just food for thought. I'm in the RV Air Flow camp. Have one in both my units. I can't even run them both at the same time anymore. It gets too cold! I'm not a DIYer so I'll spend the money.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the RV Airflows. I added 2 to my 344GK and my SIL added 3 to his Momentum. Just spent 3 weeks in hot/humid Ohio and Tennessee. Really made a difference in the comfort level. When I spoke to the owner, his also indicated (since I had the heat pump option), that they would really help in cooler weather maintaining a nice cozy temp in the RV. Looking forward to checking it out this fall.
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV Airflow Systems’ website says that GD is installing these units at the factory. Does anyone know if this is true and in what models after what build date.

Thanks
    Yes they are being installed. I installed 2 in my 2018 Solitude. Noticeable difference. About 45 minute each install.
    2010 Dodge 3500 Dually
    2018 375 RES
    Wichita KS area

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2021 Imagine 2670mk came with them for both AC’s (Coleman). Was a very nice surprise, saved me some considerable work.

We stayed in 117 degrees and the AC’s kept up, got up to 78 inside but cooled down quickly after the sun set. We have insulated quite a bit but I’m sure the Air Flow system contributed a lot.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV Airflow Systems’ website says that GD is installing these units at the factory. Does anyone know if this is true and in what models after what build date.

Thanks
    We have a 2021 built in August of 2020 and it has it installed in our Coleman AC. We were looking to buy one in prep for a southern summer trip and when I went to measure, it was there.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes my 353G has it in the center heat pump only.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES! I installed 2 of these in our Reflection 367BHS 5th wheel, and what a difference in Texas! We routinely camp in 100 degree weather (at the races or tubing) and these things work! I would estimate it's 50% better than without. I didnt measure the outputs, but it is a world of difference! Totally worth it.
    2019 Reflection 367BHS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    I see all the "atta boys" are for the Coleman AC's. I have the Dometic AC's and am very disappointed in how the airflow fits. There are gaps in both the side openings and the main fan opening in the ceiling. The Dometic airfow is a much different animal. So be warned all you Dometic Airfow folks.

I am going to do the diy version on my second AC.
    We bought our first one at the Coldwater, Michigan rally for our Dometic 13.5 BTU unit with heat pump. It would not fit properly but I was told that some of the earlier Dometic's needed "adjustment". It needed to move about 1/2 inch forward from the back wall to fit over the blower inlet precisely. When we got home it was a simple task to drill out the tiny spot welds holding the baffle in place to the ceiling bracket and relocating them 1/2 inch with pop-rivets. I used metal duct tape to cover any leaking air. We couldn't tell a lot of better air flow with our bare hands, but the noise was cut in half! Now we can sleep with it running now!

When we bought one for our 'other' unit is when I found that the "build list" for our unit was wrong! I ordered the insert based on the model number from the list that I looked up online that said it was a Brisk Air II. When the insert inlet missing the blower inlet by 4 inches I checked the sticker in the AC unit. That MFG# said it was a Penguin II. We're trying to get the correct insert now. I should have been more thorough. Who knew the build list had the wrong model numbers?

Although there were some issues up front, we highly recommend the product. We were going to pass on it but at the last minute we went for it. We are so glad we did, not so much for the increased airflow but more so for the decrease in volume!!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast