User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 323BHS with a single Atwood a/c unit. I assume many Grand Design trailers in their early years are still with the Atwood units.

Can any of the available AirFlow units can be modified to fit the older Atwood air conditioners?

My Atwood does fine as long as we're not in direct sunlight at 90 degrees or more. But a little help would be appreciated.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    Thanks. Just checked mine using same distance as you & I get 68 for living room Coleman 15.5 K with airflow & 70 for bedroom Coleman 15.5 K with no airflow. I appreciate your help. I need to find out why mine are so noisy.
    We got home this week from a 5 month trip & today I decided to see why my living room AC is still noisy with the Airflow unit installed. First thing I found when removing the 8” 1/4 screws was that one of the 4 was not tightened all the way. As I removed it I saw that the bolt was stripped. I went to General RV in Ocala & the parts lady found me a replacement. The bolt is black but he last 3 inches of the threads were striped. She was gone about ten minutes & when she returned with a new bolt she said it took so long because my bolt was black & had a bright metal end. She told the service tech that helped her find the bolt that I said it was stripped at the factory. The tech told her that obviously someone at the factory started the bolt wrong & then used an impact gun to try to force it in place. Once I got the replacement bolt I used a tap to clean up the threads on the fastener the bolt goes into. I found that the styrofoam Airflow as not placed high enough in the AC & allowed air to leak by which caused my unit to be so noisy. I took metal tape& forced the styrofoam up into the ac & taped it on all 4 sides. Now the unit is quiet like it’s supposed to be. And the bolts are all secure.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    We got home this week from a 5 month trip & today I decided to see why my living room AC is still noisy with the Airflow unit installed. First thing I found when removing the 8” 1/4 screws was that one of the 4 was not tightened all the way. As I removed it I saw that the bolt was stripped. I went to General RV in Ocala & the parts lady found me a replacement. The bolt is black but he last 3 inches of the threads were striped. She was gone about ten minutes & when she returned with a new bolt she said it took so long because my bolt was black & had a bright metal end. She told the service tech that helped her find the bolt that I said it was stripped at the factory. The tech told her that obviously someone at the factory started the bolt wrong & then used an impact gun to try to force it in place. Once I got the replacement bolt I used a tap to clean up the threads on the fastener the bolt goes into. I found that the styrofoam Airflow as not placed high enough in the AC & allowed air to leak by which caused my unit to be so noisy. I took metal tape& forced the styrofoam up into the ac & taped it on all 4 sides. Now the unit is quiet like it’s supposed to be. And the bolts are all secure.
    Just out of curiosity did you actually use a torque wrench and tighten them up to 45 foot lb’s? I don’t really see people who’ve installed these mention that or is it simply implied?
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    Just out of curiosity did you actually use a torque wrench and tighten them up to 45 foot lb’s? I don’t really see people who’ve installed these mention that or is it simply implied?
    I believe the spec calls for 40-50 INCH lbs. Thus requiring a different wrench than your typical torque wrench.

I got one off Amazon for $30. Had to return the $20 one from Harbor Frt when it did not work...
    2021 Winnebago 2932 5th wheel
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla
    2018 Reflection 220RK - sold 11/20
    2018 Titan XD 4x4 SL - sold 11/20

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No I did not use a torque wrench. There are some things where torque is critical such as on your trailer wheels. In this case you are tightening the bolts to compress the rubber seals on the AC & I feel that touch is acceptable.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    I believe the spec calls for 40-50 INCH lbs. Thus requiring a different wrench than your typical torque wrench.

I got one off Amazon for $30. Had to return the $20 one from Harbor Frt when it did not work...
    Thanks. As you noted it’s in inch pounds. I thought the most important aspects of my post were that the factory stripped the bolts in an effort to just get the unit done the assembly line & that the Airflow unit was not properly installed & the dramatic improvement in noise from sealing up the Airflow styrofoam.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post

Interesting, so used to using foot pounds or Newton meters. So around 3.5 foot pounds then.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, so used to using foot pounds or Newton meters. So around 3.5 foot pounds then.
    Yep, I did use a torque wrench. See link below

Wheeler Manual Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench with Inch/Pounds Measurement, Bits and Storage Case for Scope Mounting, Gunsmithing and Maintenance https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012AXR4S...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Air Flow

Does any know one know a disconnect code ? I would to buy 3. Thanks Buck

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456