Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasonal site set up getting there

As most already know I dont tow my 323 BHS anywhere for the moment. Mostly because where I live there is no place to park it except the street and that's not allowed and paying one of the storage places is damn near the cost of the seasonal site. I also have two active teens that are very involved in extra curricular activities making it to where travel too far from home is out of the question all but a couple of weeks out of the year. So for now its my poor mans beach house. It stays parked on a seasonal site that is right smack between 6 flags Great Adventure and Point pleasant at the Jersey shore and is about an hour from home so we can be there every weekend and for a few weeks continuously over the summer and stil be close enough to get to our kids activities.

Anyhow just thought I would post up a few pics. Still working on it and have a boat load of pavers left to move. When the old springdale 372 came out I had to pull up a bunch just to keep them from getting destroyed during the moving process of out with the old and in with the new. Well the proprietor of the camp resort was there helping and he kept directing the delivery driver further back and further over on the site and I didnt complain about it because I gained real estate on my campsite. In the end its not sitting square with the old pavers so I couldnt just extend the patio. I have to redo the entire thing. Good part is that where I pulled them up the ground is already level and compacted so its not too difficult relaying in the same place.

My paver laying supervisor hard at work

Now he is stretching after I buit up two piers for the front landing gear and installed the landscape lighting and raked it out. The piers made it to where the landing gear is only out a couple of inches and made the need for any type of stabilization in the front a moot point. This made it pretty darn solid! I did the same on the rear stabilzers making it to where they are not extended very far at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dusk with the landscape lighting lit up. I have the only GD RV in the park. No one else has even heard of them and pretty much everyone had to check it out.

Enjoying a fire at the end of the day in a nice large fire pit I put in last year.

Finally Murphy the Lab had to check out the theater seating. I let him up for the first weekend but now he is not allowed up. Firstly he takes up too much room at 130lbs and secondly if he punches a whole its not an easy fix. Hes just as happy laying in the floor at my feet and it didnt take him long to find his "Look out the window spot" under the dinette booth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who want to know this is the camp resort.

http://www.tiptam.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice setup. Great firepit.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone has to move their RV's to enjoy them. And a full house at the beach is unaffordable for most.

I keep my Reflection in a member owned campground, and they move my trailer on a campsite for me. I only towed my old travel trailer 1 time in the last 19 years.

But I plan on visiting other campgrounds within 90 minutes. And if I get adventurous, I may go to Central Florida for the winter.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. I can see lots of good times there. That's an expensive dog bed. Maybe you should put an anit-nail-tearing cover on it! Best wishes.

Brent
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JT--great pics and site looking like good times to be had. Fire pit is done well and that red solo cup (full of ice water I imagine) stand is fabulous !!!

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all, Yep that red solo cup was full of ice water, at least that is probably what it was before Glenlivet turned it into their 16 year old Nadurra LOL. I also had a nice bit of contraband to go with it in the form of rolled up leaves assembled into a roll at the direction of Fidel Castro. I dont have to worry about Murphy getting up there any longer. He now knows its off limits and he is good about those things. At home there is one sofa he is allowed on and he doesn't wander past that one. He wont even go in the formal living room unless invited then wont get on any of the furniture. The only reason he got on the seating this time is Daddy was next to him and thats the norm at home with the one leather sofa in the family room that he is allowed to get on.

Looks like Ill be sticking around after all. Chris got me his address so I could mail my dues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! Glad you'll be around to share stories and fun
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Jimfc3
    We have a few similarities. We just traded in a Springdale 372 and ordered a GD solitude 375RE. We will be the only GD on a seasonal site on Lake Shelbyville in IL and it will be used as our lake house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast