Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explaination of Different Hitch Weights

I picked up my 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2670 MK on Friday and have a question about different hitch weights I’ve been given. First the sales brochure says hitch weight is 694 lbs. Second there is a build sheet in the documents I received that says it’s 824 lbs. Third is the “actual” hitch weights per the dealer tech who says he did an actual weighing and it’s 1200 lbs. The tech’s weight was after the Hensley Hitch was installed, but the camper was still completely empty. Can anyone shed any light on this? I’m hoping to not have to go weight everything myself!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure about what your dealer tech said, but the other two weights make perfect sense. Units vary coming off the line depending on options, etc. (the brochure weights are with no options, no propane, no battery, no fluids, etc.). I'm not familiar with the Hensley or how it redistributes weight. A reliable rule of thumb on travel trailers is to use 13% of the total weight of the trailer to estimate a tongue weight. That means, loaded to GVWR, the 2670 would put about 1,100 lbs. on the ball. If you want really accurate weights yourself, load up the RV and take it to the nearest CAT scale.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full-timed for 9 years in a Reflection 337RLS and Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^exactly what @Second Chance said.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mickandpolly View Post
    I picked up my 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2670 MK on Friday and have a question about different hitch weights I’ve been given. First the sales brochure says hitch weight is 694 lbs. Second there is a build sheet in the documents I received that says it’s 824 lbs. Third is the “actual” hitch weights per the dealer tech who says he did an actual weighing and it’s 1200 lbs. The tech’s weight was after the Hensley Hitch was installed, but the camper was still completely empty. Can anyone shed any light on this? I’m hoping to not have to go weight everything myself!
    As delivered without propane or battery it should be the 824 lbs on the build sheet

Then add propane, a Group 27 battery and 200 lbs for the Hensley. That’s pretty close to 1200 lbs.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your hitch weight will change when you fully load a 2670. It is a rear kitchen model with most of it's storage behind the rear axle. As a result everything you add to the rear will affect your hitch weight. Please do weigh it after loading so you have an understanding of how to load it safely. My magic number for my 2670 hitch weight was 920-980lbs with a ProPride hitch installed and WD applied. Stay Safe, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... I’m hoping to not have to go weight everything myself!
    Why wouldn’t you want to weigh it yourself? That’s really the only way to get the “true” weight of your setup and the way you load your rig. I would encourage you to do that and add it to your education. “Book education” and “real-life learning” are two totally different things. I’ve found that “real-life learning” is much better, and sticks with me much longer.

Enjoy your new trailer.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh