Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know what this is?

2018 Momentum 349M….I’m wanting to add a magnetic door hold, something similar to what holds the bathroom door closed, on the backside of the door in the bedroom. Screwing one plate into the lower section of the door edge and the other into this carpeted thing that runs the length of the bedroom would the ideal spot. My question is, what is this carpet covered thing? What’s it made out of, what’s under it, and is it safe to put a few small screws into to hold the magnet plate? TIA for your help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	855AF855-0672-4D54-8F8B-5CBCFD655414.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	746.0 KB 
ID:	35391
    Last edited by pmetzkow; 07-11-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmetzkow View Post
    2018 Momentum 349M….I’m wanting to add a magnetic door hold, something similar to what holds the bathroom door closed, on the backside of the door in the bedroom. Screwing one plate into the lower section of the door edge and the other into this carpeted thing that runs the length of the bedroom would the ideal spot. My question is, what is this carpet covered thing? What’s it made out of, what’s under it, and is it safe to put a few small screws into to hold the magnet plate? TIA for you help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	855AF855-0672-4D54-8F8B-5CBCFD655414.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	746.0 KB 
ID:	35391
    Usually these "covers" are used whenever they can't run pipes or wires under the floor, i.e.: to the washer hookups at the front of a 5th Wheel. The covers usually start at the farthest forward point where the heated hold ends and the pipes are routed up into the bedroom and covered until they reach the washer/dryer closet.

Bottom line: Drilling or screwing into this cover is usually not a good idea. Drilling into the floor with short screws might be a better idea, especially if you can verify that there is nothing under the floor.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK