User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inside seal on right side of kitchen slide fell out

Brought the RV home to get ready for a trip... put the slides out and noticed that the inside slide seal on the right hand side of the kitchen slide had fallen off and onto the floor...

Question... how do I put the Seal back in and fix it... or is this something I MUST take back to the dealer to fix? It is a brand new (May 1) RV... and I do not want to change my trip so am looking to see if there is an easy solution to putting it back in and making it more permanent... I am assuming that it is "glued" to the wall and either it was not glued at all or the glue failed...???

Any help is very much appreciated!
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw this and surprised you got no answer. I'm sitting here looking at my slide from the inside so I'll give my best shot. The seal most probably has/had a strip clamping it and although I can't tell for sure here screwed through it. I know that is how the outside is done as I have replaced one there. You would need the slide partially open so you could get access and working room to inspect and then reinstall it properly. If you feel this isn't in your in your capability the seal acts to somewhat keeping a separation of inside and outside air so your A/C may have to work a little longer to cool. There is a separate weather seal around the outside keeping the elements out.
    It is a disappointment that your new fifth wheel is falling apart already but I wouldn't postpone a trip because of it. If you decide to tackle it yourself or wait for dealer repairs be sure to CALL Grand Design customer service and open a case 574-825-9679. Lately persons have complained about getting through or not receiving a return call when leaving a message. Calling early in the morning and speaking to a customer service rep is the best bet.
    FYI at the top of this forum is a sticky with contact information for GD / Lippert / Etc. It's somewhat dated at the beginning but scroll through and you will find
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx tons... here is the update... I called the Windish RV dealer in Colorado Springs and asked if I could come in Tuesday morning while heading out our trip. They said "Sure!" So we stopped in at 9am, the tech (Chris) identified the issue... factory double sided tape, holding the seal was inadequate. So he put on 3M double sided tape plus put in a screw in the top and bottom of it... he also put in screws is the other inside side of the slide... was out of there in under 30 minutes. I can't say enough about the customer service and support!

Lesson learned, watch out for the inside seals... factory double sided tape easily fails... not difficult to repair on your ifyou have to...

Thx again for the reply!