User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Electric percolators are quick make good coffee and make it hot.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Electric percolators are quick make good coffee and make it hot.
    I've never owned an electric one. I hadn't thought of one of those, but I would also like to avoid firing up the generator. Otherwise my little 5-cup coffee pot would probably be fine.
    It's interesting though - now I'm wondering how many people still drink coffee....

Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    You have a Reflection 5er. It's time to get a real coffee maker. Maybe even an espresso machine!

On a side note, last trip out we purchased a Keurig thinking it would make our morning routine easier on moving days and we could ditch our drip coffee makers. We returned the Keurig two days later and will stick with our drip makers and thermos'. The Keurig was VERY, VERY loud. Maybe as loud as a food processor, very disappointed. And the coffee tasted like . . . well, like rest area coffee machine coffee.
    I think we may still have an espresso maker somewhere... got it as a 5-year anniversary gift from work. They give us a ~$100 gift every 5 years, which is nice. We used it more when my wife drank coffee/lattes, but since she cut out caffeine (gasp!) I'm not sure where it disappeared to. We also had a Keurig for a while, but you're right that the coffee wasn't great. We ended up tossing ours when it stated to have mechanical issues (seal went out in the tank to pump so it would only pump a half cup) and I went back to a regular drip machine. I have a 5-cup one in the camper and a 12-cup Hamilton Beach one that will also do K-cups at home (although I got the basket to just use regular grounds in the K-cup side for an afternoon cup).

On a side note, where abouts are you guys in Central Florida? We lived in Altamonte Springs and Curry Ford areas over a few years span before moving to North Carolina, and I went to high school in St. Cloud.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    I've never owned an electric one. I hadn't thought of one of those, but I would also like to avoid firing up the generator. Otherwise my little 5-cup coffee pot would probably be fine.
    It's interesting though - now I'm wondering how many people still drink coffee....

I think we may still have an espresso maker somewhere... got it as a 5-year anniversary gift from work. They give us a ~$100 gift every 5 years, which is nice. We used it more when my wife drank coffee/lattes, but since she cut out caffeine (gasp!) I'm not sure where it disappeared to. We also had a Keurig for a while, but you're right that the coffee wasn't great. We ended up tossing ours when it stated to have mechanical issues (seal went out in the tank to pump so it would only pump a half cup) and I went back to a regular drip machine. I have a 5-cup one in the camper and a 12-cup Hamilton Beach one that will also do K-cups at home (although I got the basket to just use regular grounds in the K-cup side for an afternoon cup).

On a side note, where abouts are you guys in Central Florida? We lived in Altamonte Springs and Curry Ford areas over a few years span before moving to North Carolina, and I went to high school in St. Cloud.
    We have a 5 cup drip and 12 cup drip at home and in the trailer. My wife uses the 5 cup for her decaf. I drink A LOT of regular coffee so I have the 12 cup all to myself. And I have a myriad of other things - French press, moka pot, percolator - depends on the mood.

We live in Lake County - Mount Dora area. We moved her in 1997 from California. I used to work in Lake Mary. When we first moved here we lived in Seminole County so it allowed us to become very familiar with the Central Florida area. Then we moved to the sticks, at least it used to be. Not so much now with the toll road out our way now. A lot of new folks moving into our quiet rural area.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t imagine why anyone would use any public restroom when towing your own????
    We use rest stops for bathroom breaks and let our dog use the bathroom but we use our rig. Same way at truck stops for fuel. We are self sufficient. We brew coffee in the am in our rig. Have drinks and bottled water for rest of day in a cooler in the truck.
    One of the best perks of traveling in an rv is not having to use anyone else’s stuff.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVingwithJessandChris View Post
    One of the best perks of traveling in an rv is not having to use anyone else’s stuff.
    Agreed. There's no cleaner restroom than ours.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVingwithJessandChris View Post
    I can’t imagine why anyone would use any public restroom when towing your own????
    We use rest stops for bathroom breaks and let our dog use the bathroom but we use our rig.
    Your dog uses the rest stop restroom? That is a well trained dog!
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get yourself an electric kettle and a 64oz Hydro Flask(they're called "growlers" in Oregon) and one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HXGDZGY...4R6D743F?psc=1
    . Fill the growler with piping hot water before you hit the road, grab your favorite mug and sack of beans, and brew great tasting coffee on the fly!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too drink a fair bit of coffee. But if it's machine coffee or nothing, I will choose nothing. Truck stops offer good enough coffee so if we are out of our own brew and are in need of more, that's where we stop.
    Keurigs are good in my opinion. But it is very dependant on the pods you buy. The most popular ones are garbage. I like Cameron's Jamaican. Made in Minnesota.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    I've noticed a trend over the last couple of years, where rest areas no longer have coffee machines. On our way from Texas back to North Carolina along I-20 I didn't stop at a single rest area which DID have a coffee machine!
    Sure I can make a cup in the camper, but usually when someone has to pee we stop at a rest area and walk up to do our business and I grab a cup while waiting. Yeah, it's usually not very good coffee, but it's still coffee. I'm really missing my 2pm cup this week!
    I believe it has something to do with this thing called Covid. They can't keep a coffee machine sanitized!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting how habits vary. We only drink coffee in the morning. She has one cup, albeit a 16oz mug and he has two 8oz cups. We use a Melita drip with disposable bamboo paper filters, makes clean up easy.

Pre COVID, way back in ‘19, the southbound border line ups used to sometimes hit a couple of hours. The first rest area on I-5 south, about 15 miles south of the Canadian border, often had a table of cookies with coffee staffed by volunteers from various organizations, Scout/Guide troops, VFW, KoC, Elks etc... The donation jar was well seeded or it was well supported as it was always full. With no tourist traffic, self included, I assume the free coffee and cookies are not there.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast