User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to drink coffee from the minute I got up till bed time. 1 to 2 pots a day. I'm not quite sure how a manage to sleep back then. Now if I'd attempt to try and drink half that much coffee I'd be at the toilet constantly. I now drink 2 to 3 cups a day so I make sure it's damn good coffee.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Get a couple of these and make an extra pot of coffee in the morning. These will keep your good coffee hot until the next day. They're so good, our son-in-law (a pilot for a major airline) won't use one for work... he says he burns his mouth because the coffee doesn't cool off. He pays the immoral airport prices for coffee instead.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We have no financial or other interest in this company or sales of its products - we just like them.

Rob
    Got one of those for my birthday (it was on my wish list). Used it today, while on the road, for the very first time. Worked out great. But my next truck is gonna have a built in Kuerig.
    Last edited by wannabervin; 07-25-2021 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    I've noticed a trend over the last couple of years, where rest areas no longer have coffee machines. On our way from Texas back to North Carolina along I-20 I didn't stop at a single rest area which DID have a coffee machine!
    Sure I can make a cup in the camper, but usually when someone has to pee we stop at a rest area and walk up to do our business and I grab a cup while waiting. Yeah, it's usually not very good coffee, but it's still coffee. I'm really missing my 2pm cup this week!
    Rare sighting today! Rest Area coffee machine! I-57 southbound in Illinois at MM 114. And it was a fancy one! All kinds of flavors and it accepted Apple Pay or credit card!! They do still exist!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210727_113904793.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	35735
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol - thanks for the replies everyone! My wife uses the camper bathroom when we stop, and the rest of us do if we need to sit down. Otherwise 3/5 of us can go without getting within 5' of anything and 1/5 prefers to use the grass
    Usually when we stop the kids and dog tumble out of the truck like a gaggle of puppies (kids are 8 and 13, dog is 2) and I can barely get the seat belt off in time to walk with them to the grass to get some energy out.

I talked with a vending machine lady the other day at a rest stop, which happened to have a coffee machine which was out of order. She said that coffee doesn't sell as well in the summer and they have problems with the machines clogging up due to the humidity clumping up the coffee and powders they use so most take them out of rest areas during the summer and put them back in the fall.
    She was very apologetic about it, but I reassured her I was just curious and put my $2 in the machine and hit the Mountain Dew button (a rare treat for me). It of course dispensed a diet, which I cannot drink; aspartame gives me headaches.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I used to drink coffee from the minute I got up till bed time. 1 to 2 pots a day. I'm not quite sure how a manage to sleep back then. Now if I'd attempt to try and drink half that much coffee I'd be at the toilet constantly. I now drink 2 to 3 cups a day so I make sure it's damn good coffee.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Same here. Coffee was and is my go to drink. I still tend to drink more than I should, and pay for it in trips to the BR. LONG trips. On the road I cut back, and fill up a Yeti Tumbler for the trip. It last the whole trip if I just sip it once in a while.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I too drink a fair bit of coffee. But if it's machine coffee or nothing, I will choose nothing. Truck stops offer good enough coffee so if we are out of our own brew and are in need of more, that's where we stop.
    Keurigs are good in my opinion. But it is very dependant on the pods you buy. The most popular ones are garbage. I like Cameron's Jamaican. Made in Minnesota.
    Same here.... love our Keurig! No grounds from a percolator, same flavor every time, and pretty much plug and play to do it. As was stated, it all about the blend used in the pods! I also dont use the popular brands, they tend to taste bad to me. I use the SF Fog Chaser which contains a mix of South American medium roast blended coffee. About $.50 a cup, but typically can fill my 26oz cup with one pod.... so really closer to $ .25 a cup!

Before my Keurig SF Fog Chaser pods, would typically stop at McD's for their coffee. But now only in a pinch! Would rather hit a Starbucks or Scooters. Of course kinda hard to do when towing the rig.....
    Last edited by trailrydr; 02-12-2022 at 06:06 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123