User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more baby Power Stroke

Well, well, well....
    About a year ago I was arguing with people on this site about gas engines. And how gas is really so much better. Esp in a half ton truck.
    Well, everybody told me I was full of it. I guess Ford agrees with me & they just dropped the baby power stroke after the end of July.
    Told ya all so. The gas turbo's are just too good. And everybody who wants to pull with a half ton is ordering the new Power boost system. Not the power stroke.
    As I said I saw this coming about a year ago. Now, if Ford would put this technology on the Godzilla V8 in the heavy duty trucks they can dominate the gas powered heavy duty truck market. I just bought a 2021 F350 believe it or not diesel. Because I simply could not find a Godzilla. If I ordered one 3 months to a year. No way. The diesel popped up in my neighborhood so now I own it. 5 years full warranty and then she is gone. Hopefully by then I can buy a supercharged Godzilla.
    Well, that's my .2 worth.
    Have a great day.
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumor has it Ford has built two prototype twin turbo 7.3s. It appears the engine in its current configuration can handle the increased power and performance fans are drooling over the prospect of an aluminum version. Could make Diesels a hard sell.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twin turbo 7.3? Better add a 60 gallon tank from the factory.

I had the Godzilla.. changed to the 6.7 cause the gas mileage was so damn horrible in the 7.3

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    Well, well, well....
    About a year ago I was arguing with people on this site about gas engines. And how gas is really so much better. Esp in a half ton truck.
    Well, everybody told me I was full of it. I guess Ford agrees with me & they just dropped the baby power stroke after the end of July.
    Told ya all so. The gas turbo's are just too good. And everybody who wants to pull with a half ton is ordering the new Power boost system. Not the power stroke.
    As I said I saw this coming about a year ago. Now, if Ford would put this technology on the Godzilla V8 in the heavy duty trucks they can dominate the gas powered heavy duty truck market. I just bought a 2021 F350 believe it or not diesel. Because I simply could not find a Godzilla. If I ordered one 3 months to a year. No way. The diesel popped up in my neighborhood so now I own it. 5 years full warranty and then she is gone. Hopefully by then I can buy a supercharged Godzilla.
    Well, that's my .2 worth.
    Have a great day.
    Hi Russ,

I agree that Godzilla is a beast of an engine, but just like other engines it too has its application sweet spot. It may be a beast, and it may have gobs if power, but it is only economically feasible up to a point. I agree that there is an overlap of utility in towing, and it does go beyond the conventional half ton, and potentially into the 3/4 ton category but once you go past a certain point, your just wasting gas. That real number is certainly subjective and floating as they continue to develop the engine technology, but for me 10k would be the max I would use gas for towing. I do agree that the Godzilla and similar platforms have been eroding that cutoff point, but the diesel is made to do this kind of work. I do see further advances but that cutoff still exists. I truly hope you totally enjoy your truck. I bet it is an absolute blast to drive and tow with.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Hi Russ,

I agree that Godzilla is a beast of an engine, but just like other engines it too has its application sweet spot. It may be a beast, and it may have gobs if power, but it is only economically feasible up to a point. I agree that there is an overlap of utility in towing, and it does go beyond the conventional half ton, and potentially into the 3/4 ton category but once you go past a certain point, your just wasting gas. That real number is certainly subjective and floating as they continue to develop the engine technology, but for me 10k would be the max I would use gas for towing. I do agree that the Godzilla and similar platforms have been eroding that cutoff point, but the diesel is made to do this kind of work. I do see further advances but that cutoff still exists. I truly hope you totally enjoy your truck. I bet it is an absolute blast to drive and tow with.

Bill
    Hi Bill,

Excellent quote & advice too. You know what you are talking about. As far as driving the new diesel truck, yea it rocks. As does the price tag for the motor. As far as the Godzilla I saw a bolt on blower kit for this engine. 700 HP, 750 torque...WOW! On premium fuel of course. Price tag $8500 with you installing it. Looking at those #'s if the diesel truck has 355 rear end gears & the gas truck has 430's I guarantee you if would be one heck of a match up. Gas might even be faster. It would be fun to find out.

Russ
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    Hi Bill,

Excellent quote & advice too. You know what you are talking about. As far as driving the new diesel truck, yea it rocks. As does the price tag for the motor. As far as the Godzilla I saw a bolt on blower kit for this engine. 700 HP, 750 torque...WOW! On premium fuel of course. Price tag $8500 with you installing it. Looking at those #'s if the diesel truck has 355 rear end gears & the gas truck has 430's I guarantee you if would be one heck of a match up. Gas might even be faster. It would be fun to find out.

Russ
    It shouldn’t be much of a race the diesel revs much lower and has significantly less horse power but towing those horses are bigger with torque numbers approaching 1000ft pounds in theory you should use less fuel. Trucks are like hammers yea you could frame with a 2# maul but will be much more efficient with a framing hammer. And for most of us a diesel is over kill but it’s nice to have the extra. However if it’s daily driven on short trips gas makes more sense as you don’t have the particulate filter to plug up