User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shipping and Offline Dates

When a dealer says your unit will be offline on a certain day, how long after that should I expect to take delivery? I know there is a PDI after the offline date. How long does shipping take? How long is the dealer prep?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 22RBE was delivered to Salt Lake City about 5 days after it went off the line. I was told by Grand Design that the shipping of sold units is arranged by the dealer who arranges for someone to pick it and take it to it's destination. Assuming this is the case I would recommend you contact your dealer.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The forum search is your friend.

You give no inclination where you are, but transport is typically a couple weeks to a month right now. The demand surge is well in excess of drivers.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    Our 22RBE was delivered to Salt Lake City about 5 days after it went off the line. I was told by Grand Design that the shipping of sold units is arranged by the dealer who arranges for someone to pick it and take it to it's destination. Assuming this is the case I would recommend you contact your dealer.
    All depends how the shipping is set up.

I do not control shipment of my GD units, they do. I pay them a freight charge, and they use 2 different transport companies to send them.

I have no control over who or when they are picked up and transported.

That said, most are coming within 7-12 days after their offline dates.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post

...You give no inclination where you are, but transport is typically a couple weeks to a month right now. The demand surge is well in excess of drivers.
    I am in Tucson and my dealer (who is in Phoenix) called me on Saturday (7/17) and said our Momentum came off the line on 7/16, and we should have it sometime between 19th and 23rd. So that would put it about 5 - 7 days for transport. (Super happy about that).

BTW: According to the google, its a tad over 1800 miles from Elkhart to Phoenix, AZ. So I hope these inflated delivery times are a thing of the past.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We R BOB View Post
    I am in Tucson and my dealer (who is in Phoenix) called me on Saturday (7/17) and said our Momentum came off the line on 7/16, and we should have it sometime between 19th and 23rd. So that would put it about 5 - 7 days for transport. (Super happy about that).

BTW: According to the google, its a tad over 1800 miles from Elkhart to Phoenix, AZ. So I hope these inflated delivery times are a thing of the past.
    It all depends on if the unit is complete on it's offline date (lots of parts delays) and if/when a transport driver is available to haul it.

The loads get posted onto their internal website, and driver's pick their loads. They are not told that they have to "take this unit to Phoenix".
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We R BOB - when and from who did you order your 351M? We ordered a 350G on May 10th from a dealer in Mesa, AZ and last I heard we had our offline date around August 11th
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It all depends on if the unit is complete on it's offline date (lots of parts delays) and if/when a transport driver is available to haul it.

The loads get posted onto their internal website, and driver's pick their loads. They are not told that they have to "take this unit to Phoenix".
    Thanks, huntr70. I wasn't aware of the process.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pecora55 View Post
    We R BOB - when and from who did you order your 351M? We ordered a 350G on May 10th from a dealer in Mesa, AZ and last I heard we had our offline date around August 11th
    @pecora55 we purchased ours from Little Dealer in Mesa. We were told 2.5 - 3 months back in mid April, so 8/11 for you sounds in line with what we were told.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pecora55 we purchased ours from Little Dealer in Mesa. We were told 2.5 - 3 months back in mid April, so 8/11 for you sounds in line with what we were told.
    Great, thanks!
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)