Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 22mle windows.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22mle windows.

sliding window are very hard to open...to the point I'm afraid I will break or damage them. Anyone having this issue?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical issue with these windows used across the industry... Clean the slide track well, and shave down a bar of Ivory soap such that you can rub it along the channel the window slides in - it makes for a good, non-staining lubricant.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Typical issue with these windows used across the industry... Clean the slide track well, and shave down a bar of Ivory soap such that you can rub it along the channel the window slides in - it makes for a good, non-staining lubricant.
    I first noticed this during the initial walk thru/inspection at the RV Dealership. So, slide track should not have been dirty. However, I do understand what you are saying. Good advice. Never considered using soap shavings. I had thought of using some graphite. Thanks for the response.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    I first noticed this during the initial walk thru/inspection at the RV Dealership. So, slide track should not have been dirty. However, I do understand what you are saying. Good advice. Never considered using soap shavings. I had thought of using some graphite. Thanks for the response.
    The one by our dinette gets hard to open when it's hot out and exposed to direct sun which is normal I guess. I did use graphit but it can get messy. The soap should be less messy.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paraffin wax is also a great solution to help stuff slide.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)