User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 378MBS-R Lacks Wall Switch for Bath Fan??

Don't know how I missed it until after we took delivery, but there is no wall switch for the bath vent fan. Granted, opening and closing the vent is a manual operation, but last few trailers we have had all came with a wall switch for the fan. Kids can't reach the switch without standing on the toilet. I'll probably replace with a MaxxAir with a remote once supply becomes available again. Just seems odd to omit a wall switch to control a $25 fan.

Another head scratcher - there are zero motion sensor lights on the rig, including closets, basement, outside kitchen, front compartment, etc. Can't count how many we had on the Reflection. The lights installed on the 378 are puck-type with a push button control on the light itself. Not a big deal, but kids can't reach some of them and often are in a difficult-to-reach location. Is there a shortage of motion sensor lights, too? Only one light in the basement on street side. During PDI, dealer pointed out lack of motion sensor lights on the 2022 models. Tech said to call GD and complain and they might send a pack of motion sensor lights.

Some things just make you go, "hmmmm".
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Don't know how I missed it until after we took delivery, but there is no wall switch for the bath vent fan. Granted, opening and closing the vent is a manual operation, but last few trailers we have had all came with a wall switch for the fan. Kids can't reach the switch without standing on the toilet. I'll probably replace with a MaxxAir with a remote once supply becomes available again. Just seems odd to omit a wall switch to control a $25 fan.

Another head scratcher - there are zero motion sensor lights on the rig, including closets, basement, outside kitchen, front compartment, etc. Can't count how many we had on the Reflection. The lights installed on the 378 are puck-type with a push button control on the light itself. Not a big deal, but kids can't reach some of them and often are in a difficult-to-reach location. Is there a shortage of motion sensor lights, too? Only one light in the basement on street side. During PDI, dealer pointed out lack of motion sensor lights on the 2022 models. Tech said to call GD and complain and they might send a pack of motion sensor lights.

Some things just make you go, "hmmmm".
    In our trailer the kitchen/LR fan has no wall switch but bathroom does.

As for the motion sensor lights . . . I believe that one is a supply chain issue. I do remember seeing a post where a new owner contacted GD about the lack of motion sensor lights and GD agreed to reimburse them for the cost of swapping in motion sensor lights. We as consumers can find individual motion sensor lights for purchase but when you are an RV manufacturer sourcing 1,000's of them is another story.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to remember that each line of Grand Design is a different division, and do things differently.

Solitude does not use the motion lights like Reflection does. Imagine does not have the Maxx Fan like Reflection and Solitude do.

They are separate lines with different division heads that use different products.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Steve said! The standard bathroom fan, used all across the industry, doesn't really pill the shower moisture out, especially larger bathrooms. A good upgrade to do, and you can add a remote or wired switch.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    You need to remember that each line of Grand Design is a different division, and do things differently.

Solitude does not use the motion lights like Reflection does. Imagine does not have the Maxx Fan like Reflection and Solitude do.

They are separate lines with different division heads that use different products.
    Just ordered a half dozen motion lights with 3-way switch. I found the OEM puck lights currently installed on ebay - $4.99/ea. The motion sensor lights were $11.99/ea.

While we are at it, how come the water pump switch in the wet bay isn't a lighted switch? I just ordered one of those, too.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 07-13-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)