Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fresh water tank vs. campground water

I have a 2017 Grand Design Imagine permanently setup up at my campground. Got into a discussion with a neighbor about water pressure. I have no complaints regarding pressure, oh, occasionally it will be lower at times particularly during a holiday, but other than that, no complaints. This neighbor said somebody told him that if he filled his freshwater tank, then ran his pump, that there would be greater water pressure than using water from the campground spigot. The problem with this is that when he is filling his water tank I have no pressure at all! Zero, nada. Imagine taking a shower, and all of a sudden you have no water! This happened to me. I told him politely what happened and he apologized. What I am interested to know is using the fresh water tank and pump actually provide more presure.

Thanks,

Rich

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes
    Pumps provide more pressure than the standard water pressure regulators allow

This is why I have an adjustable regulator and adjust it higher
    Although I think it is failing and need a new one

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water pressure is pretty campground dependent. I have been to several campgrounds that post notices like: "Water Pressure 100 psi, water pressure regulators recommended." In my old sticks and bricks the water pressure was around 50 psi. My shower works pretty good with 50 psi. So when I am hooking the water up at a new RV site I have a Y valve on the spigot side of the hose, I put a simple $10 water pressure gauge I picked up at the hardware store and test the water pressure to see what I actually have.

I have been to many national forest campgrounds that use a well and cistern style water supply. They pump the water out of a well into a cistern that sits up on the hill and the pressure of the water system is maintained by gravity. Typically this water pressure is around 25 psi. My shower does not work well at that PSI. That's when I do the "fill the tank run the pump" method.

Given that when your neighbor turns the water on continuously you loose all water pressure indicates to me that your site has pretty low water pressure or some other water system issue. In that case I would use the "fill the tank run the pump" process.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richlw View Post
    I have a 2017 Grand Design Imagine permanently setup up at my campground. Got into a discussion with a neighbor about water pressure. I have no complaints regarding pressure, oh, occasionally it will be lower at times particularly during a holiday, but other than that, no complaints. This neighbor said somebody told him that if he filled his freshwater tank, then ran his pump, that there would be greater water pressure than using water from the campground spigot. The problem with this is that when he is filling his water tank I have no pressure at all! Zero, nada. Imagine taking a shower, and all of a sudden you have no water! This happened to me. I told him politely what happened and he apologized. What I am interested to know is using the fresh water tank and pump actually provide more presure.

Thanks,

Rich
    Yes X2. I do the same thing as far as filling my tank and running off the pump/tank. I have noticed consistent water pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some campgrounds it all depends on where you are at.. The beginning of the line or the end. If at the beginning you would want the regulator. If at the end you hope no one else is using the water so you will have some water.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, the afternoon after I posted my reply my water pressure dropped to just a trickle.... I'll be changing the water out of the fresh water tank today and filling it....
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all that responded to my question. Really appreciate it. Yes, I am at the end of the line, but as I said in my initial post I usually do not have a problem with adequate water flow to my camper. I know my neighbor has the right to fill his fresh water tank, but I have the right to get water for cooking, taking a shower, flushing the toilet, etc., etc. What is irritating is that he KNOWS he cuts off my water - I cannot accept that. Ginna have to have a talk I guess.... and so it goes..

Thanks again!

Rich

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all that responded to my question. Really appreciate it. Yes, I am at the end of the line, but as I said in my initial post I usually do not have a problem with adequate water flow to my camper. I know my neighbor has the right to fill his fresh water tank, but I have the right to get water for cooking, taking a shower, flushing the toilet, etc., etc. What is irritating is that he KNOWS he cuts off my water - I cannot accept that. Ginna have to have a talk I guess.... and so it goes..

Thanks again!

Rich
    I think you are going to have to accept it since you have no choice imo

Learn to schedule around his filling of his tank
    It can’t be that often

He isn’t doing anything wrong

Happy camping

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I think you are going to have to accept it since you have no choice imo

Learn to schedule around his filling of his tank
    It can’t be that often

He isn’t doing anything wrong

Happy camping

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I agree, he isn't doing anything wrong, but he already has adequate water flow - so filing his tank give him a tad more? Setup a schedule? Are you kidding me? So I have to adjust my use times for the toilet? Have to ask for his permission to make coffee? Wash dishes? Take a shower? It's called courtesy...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, he isn't doing anything wrong, but he already has adequate water flow - so filing his tank give him a tad more? Setup a schedule? Are you kidding me? So I have to adjust my use times for the toilet? Have to ask for his permission to make coffee? Wash dishes? Take a shower? It's called courtesy...
    Thanks to this post I actually did the same thing today
    Filled my tank and using the pump
    More to test the systems since it is new but it does have more pressure

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH