User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Our 303 View Post
    That sucks to hear. Your 323 doesn't have locking straps? Our 303 came with locking straps. I threw on some Master locks and now I'm just crossing my fingers.
    I'm with Chuck and never even thought about that. Yes the hasp on the straps are there but I think I'm still going to go ahead with the cam locks instead to keep it at one key to keep up with. The cam locks are pretty cheap, just wish I had thought about it before so I didn't have to pay another shipping charge.

Most of the seasonal folks are good people, it's people that are just passing through that tend to help themselves on the way out. I moved sites a couple of years ago because I was right on the way on on the lane where the rental RVs were. They actually did me a favor one year stealing my old rusty grill. I had been eying a new one and the Mrs kept insisting the old one worked fine. LOL the only thing I lost of any value were my kids bikes one year. That one chapped my hide pretty good as they had just gotten them for Christmas and it was the opening of the season and the first chance they had to ride them for a bit. They got one weekend out of them and poof, they disappeared. My mistake for thinking that a chain and lock and just had them locked together so it would be a PITA to pack them off together. Guess it wasn't enough of a PITA.
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CManley View Post
    Our 303, good idea. I had pulled the passenger side tank to install a TV wall mount in the bay and saw the latch that would hold a lock, it didn't click to do so. Our trailer is next to the house however that doesn't mean I won't have an issue.
    Ill get a picture of the tank straps and post it up. I thought it was a great way to secure the tanks. My passenger side tank has two straps, which equals locked twice, but the drivers side has only one. Odd.
    Brian & Julie
    2005 Ford F250 6.0L Lariat CC SRW FX4 with 09 F350 springs conversion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #243

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently I don't camp in high crime campgrounds, I never thought of people stealing propane tanks, old grills, or bikes. I guess thats the world we live in now. Campgrounds used to be the safe place. My wifes sister and brother-in-law returned to their campsite once to find everything gone, - tent, grill, Coleman stove, sleeping bags, clothes -everything! I thought maybe they drank too much and came back to the wrong site -lol, maybe not.
    I do like Justins idea for the cam locks on propane tanks, just for the one key does all. I don't have to fill propane tanks very often, so when I do, my luck I wouldn't be able to find the key for padlock.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    ...... I never thought of people stealing propane tanks, old grills, or bikes. I guess thats the world we live in now. ................, my luck I wouldn't be able to find the key for padlock.
    I hear ya. I'm either going to keep that Master lock key for the padlock in the compartment next to the propane possibly in a magnetic key holder or I'll just put it inside in a designated drawer or cabinet inside the coach. As of right now with the lock change over I will have three keys. One for propane locks, one for the fifth wheel pin lock, and for the doors. Not too bad down from 5 keys and since the propane will be an infrequently used lock I figure as I mentioned before in a magnetic box in the storage or inside will suffice.
    Brian & Julie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have ordered new cam locks and slam latches and will make the change prior to our trip to the Sierras. I though about cam locks on the propane doors but decided agaist it due to safety concern if they need to be shut off quickly in an emergency. I have the straps which I ave master locks on so they would have to work some to get them out. I never keep the cylinders in the trailer when in storage.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished installing the new latches and locks. In order for the latches to work on my unit I cut .10" off of the mounting studs and .120" off of the opening lever otherwise it got stuck on the backing plate. The whole process only took about 1.5 hrs including the modification to the three slam latches. I just ordered more cam locks and will be replacing all the butterfly latches with locks. Thanks for the thread, it sure helped.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear they worked out for you! A bit surprised you had to shave the lever. Would have thought they would have been identical to mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Justin.

What did you do about the 4 pop rivets on the latch backing plates???? Or did you not replace the plastic ones with metal??
    Brian & Julie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. I figured this out and I took some pictures to hopefully help out others. First off I carefully drilled out the pop rivets and then removed the screws to allow the old latch to be removed. I used 1/2" 8-32 stainless screws to secure the new latches and then re-used the original screws in place of the pop rivets. The posts on the back of the new latches were cut down approx 1/8". I also had to round off the one latch part so that it would clear the backing plate. Check out the pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2615.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	2301

Name:	IMG_2619.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	2307

Name:	IMG_2618.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	2306

Name:	IMG_2620.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	2305

Name:	IMG_2621.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	2304
    Brian & Julie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, I havent drilled out my rivets yet. Still have the plastirubber back plates on but that's coming up soon.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast