Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone of those are used on my camper. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First - a big Thank You to JustinThyme for kicking this thread off.

I have a 355 toy hauler and also had bunches of keys - now down to 2. The reason for 2 is that I picked up a Bauer electronic lock and apparently the Global keys are different and can't be keyed same. No worries, much better than starting out with 5!

Now, a few words of advice to anyone taking on this project:
    • first, make sure to measure the length of any of your cam locks/baggage compartment keys (generator, gas station etc) as they apparently are different lengths
    • second, you may already have a global lock which you can have the other items keyed to. I believe most of the GD trailers main compartment lock is a Global lock
      - take off the inside portion and it will show the key code....then have others keyed to it. If you don't like that idea - you can get a new complete lock from http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/ for a good price
    • third, if you run into any issues or are unsure about what to get (and I probably should have put this first) call RVLocksandMore and speak with David. He's a real stand-up guy and was super helpful to deal with. See point 1 about baggage lock length - didn't realize fuel station was different length, returning lock now and he's sending one with correct length no problem.

Overall, really great experience dealing with David and RVLocksandMore

Also - one last suggestion; if you have toyhauler and are changing out the ramp locks I highly suggest you also change out the screws - or at least check them. Mine were zinc and already starting to show rust - changed them out for stainless and expect to not have issues.

Again, big thanks to JustinThyme for the inspiration and information to help us all out here!
    Mike K
    2014 Momentum 355TH
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4, 6.7L Duramax Diesel
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
    [*] second, you may already have a global lock which you can have the other items keyed to. I believe most of the GD trailers main compartment lock is a Global lock
    - take off the inside portion and it will show the key code....then have others keyed to it. If you don't like that idea - you can get a new complete lock from http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/ for a good price
    Your lock key number is also stamped on the actual key itself. That G301-G350 number on your key is the number you will need when ordering your new locks. It's a lot simpler doing it like this so you don't have to take apart your door handle.

Also, you don't have to replace the bar latch locks on the back ramp. From what David has told me, all you need is a dealer or locksmith with the Yellow Global Key and that key removes the cylinder from the latch and you then put in a new cylinder keyed to the one you want. The cylinder is like $12 vs a whole new bar latch assembly.

Just put in the special instruction box at the very end of checkout which key you want and they will send you the correct keyed locks. I'll let everyone know how the changes goes once I get my locks in.

Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    Your lock key number is also stamped on the actual key itself.
    LOL . . . Took my door lock all apart . . . only to find that the number on the back of the lock assembly matched the number stamped into the key. Rather obvious, after I thought about it !

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

thompsjk
    I bought the cylinder puller key and a master key off of eBay as a set. The cylinder puller works great, takes about 30 seconds to change the cylinder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing out cam locks and slam latches.

Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    From what I read on rvlocksandmore.com, use of the red key voids something.

Read the green key bold print about the red key. It does say to use the Yellow key (Item#Key-Change) but only locksmiths and Dealers can obtain that key (at least through that website and Global Links website) so I found a locksmith that does have it and will get him to do it. I'll post the outcome when I get it done.

Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thompsjk
    That's not the same ones I got. They look like they were probably cut from the originals. I think they are blue and green but can't remember. I used the cylinder puller and put them in my tool box and have not looked at them since. I think I only paid like $12 or $14 for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    Latches and cam lock came in yesterday. Installed today. Works perfect! Thanks again, Justin! I don't have a dremmel tool, so instead of cutting post I made a shim/gasket out of foam board about 3/16" thick. Worked perfectly, all tight at the weatherseal. After install I "penodized" the edges of white foam with a Sharpie, blends right in with original black backing plate. ( metal one was out of stock when I ordered).
    Attachment 2372

This day just keeps getting better -While I was finishing up this project, mail lady shows up with my new outdoor shower (Thank you JD @ GD!!). Installed and have water pressure now!! And it has a longer hose than my original POS.
    now I'm ready for Anchor Down!
    Scott,

where did you get the foam board that is about 3/16" thick? I couldn't find any in my local hardware store.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I put mine in before making the necessary modifications I found the top of a 15 YO Glenlivet box folded over double made a perfect shim that looked even better after a few fingers of the scotch! LOL

There are lots of alternatives.
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast