User Tag List

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This morning I changed out my locks with locks from RVLOCK.COM

I got a v4.0 keyless lock for the main door and 2 regular slam locks for the pass through. I bought them on their Memorial day sale at 30% off so total price with shipping $230.97

Super easy to install. For the slam locks I used the GD backing plate as the hole pattern was identical. Also used the GD striker plate. Undo the 4 screws, remove the old lock then install the new lock using the same 4 screws. Couldn't have been easier. Main lock was just as easy. Now all three locks are keyed alike.

A great upgrade.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed my v4.0 keyless lock on the main door yesterday. I got it finished this morning and works great. I have the slam latches keyed to the same key and will be working on that after work today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1093.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	26886
    Last edited by FreddieMac; 06-01-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slam door latch. Did anyone have to pop rivets when installing the slam door latch that matches my RV lock?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    Slam door latch. Did anyone have to pop rivets when installing the slam door latch that matches my RV lock?
    My GD backing plate has the same hole configuration as the RVLock backing plate. I just used the GD backing plate so I didn't have to mess with the rivets.

Otherwise you have to drill out the rivits and remove the GD backing plate. Then use the RVLock backing plate and the screws provided.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing I did to mine... and have done on my last 3. One key for everything is great... especially when it isn't the same key everyone else ha on their key ring.

Another thing to consider, get extra cam locks. I added locks to my propane compartments. (I ONLY lock them when the bottles are off and while in storage.). I also switched from a single lock to two locks on the kitchen and the front compartment. I just like having 2 locks toward the outside vs one lock int he middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to another great thread in this forum I went from 3 keys to 1. I changed the lock on the front from 751, that everyone has, to match the main door and added locks to the propane doors, I'll only lock them when the tanks are off so they don't grow legs. This past Sunday I installed new slam locks to match the main door. The new slam locks come with metal backing plates. I just drilled out old rivets and installed new ones on the new backing plates. They must have changed the dimensions on the locks since this original thread because I didn't have to cut the screw holes down any, all 3 locks installed in about 15 min.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Our RV has the keyed device as "part of the slam latch" and I'd like to replace those keyed locks with a tubular lock. Unsure what MFG sells a tubular key that integrates with a slam hatch latch? The RV we have is a 2019 Grand Design Reflection. So if you look at the handle, it has (as part of that handle) the keyed lock. Most tubular locks assume standalone insert (I think). Any advice WHO sells the tubular lock I need to fit inside the latch handle

Subman !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subman View Post
    Hi. Our RV has the keyed device as "part of the slam latch" and I'd like to replace those keyed locks with a tubular lock. Unsure what MFG sells a tubular key that integrates with a slam hatch latch? The RV we have is a 2019 Grand Design Reflection. So if you look at the handle, it has (as part of that handle) the keyed lock. Most tubular locks assume standalone insert (I think). Any advice WHO sells the tubular lock I need to fit inside the latch handle

Subman !
    Hi there not sure if this attachment will help or not. Do not remember the name of the company but it has their phone number on the page...good luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lock_measuring_guide.pdf 
Views:	42 
Size:	174.2 KB 
ID:	30518
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cam locks

I changed out my cam locks as soon as I bought my trailer. The factory cam locks were aluminum and I replaced them with marine grade stainless steel cam locks. They are all keyed the same and do not use the 751 key. They are much easier to operate than the factory cam locks.

2019 Grand Design Transcend 29 TBS
    2018 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecoboost Twin Turbo
    Anderson weight distribution hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rhertzy, I need to replace the cam locks on my Transcend also. What was the lock size, cam length, and cam bend ? Thanks in advance. Rick.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast