User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sorry I don’t have better information as I sold the Transcend and bought an Imagine 2670MK. I ordered the cams (stainless) from Wholesale Marine. They were the same length as the existing cams and I used the old hardware and arms to mount them. I hope that helps!
    Rick & Joey
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    2018 Ford F-150 3.5 Twin Turbo Eco Boost
    ProPride 3P WDH 1400 pound spring bars

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered some baggage compartment keys off Amazon this past Sunday, an hour later I came across this thread. Never knew this was an option but so glad it is, my Amazon ones will be returned upon arrival and then reach out to this company, thanks for sharing this! I do have a question though. We bought our 2800bh used from a dealer, so we have 1 key for front door, 1 key for back door and of course separate for the baggage areas. When purchasing a brand new Grand Design, I assume you would get 2 keys per door right? We did on our Crossroads unit we bought new. I am planning on replacing all door cores as well as baggage with a new keyed number, but without any mastered core. So as a used unit, someone has my other set of keys out there, and I don’t like that feeling.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH “Chaos”
    2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Power “Nessy”

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should get used to the feeling, anyone with a fairly large screwdriver/prybar has a key to any of your compartments and front door. It's probably faster to use a prybar than checking to see if the key works. Putting a $50 lock on a $.50 door doesn't make it any more secure.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, I am fully aware any screwdriver/probably will get you in. But there is also no sense in making it easy. I mean for the most part in an RV storage lot if I see someone getting into a storage compartment and they have keys, it's not going to raise a flag with anyone. Now a prybar or screwdriver? That's entirely different.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keys

Quote Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
    I ordered some baggage compartment keys off Amazon this past Sunday, an hour later I came across this thread. Never knew this was an option but so glad it is, my Amazon ones will be returned upon arrival and then reach out to this company, thanks for sharing this! I do have a question though. We bought our 2800bh used from a dealer, so we have 1 key for front door, 1 key for back door and of course separate for the baggage areas. When purchasing a brand new Grand Design, I assume you would get 2 keys per door right? We did on our Crossroads unit we bought new. I am planning on replacing all door cores as well as baggage with a new keyed number, but without any mastered core. So as a used unit, someone has my other set of kout there, and I don’t like that feeling.
    You can order additional keys on Amazon - each key has a # and the brand of key. I ordered 5 additional keys for my padlock, door, outdoor kitchen and front storage compartment. If you order new cylinders, you can get additional keys for those as well.
    Rick & Joey

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rhertzy;400405]You can order additional keys on Amazon - each key has a # and the brand of key. I ordered 5 additional keys for my padlock, door, outdoor kitchen and front storage compartment. If you order new cylinders, you can get additional keys for those as well. And yes you get 2 keys for each lock when the RV is new.
    Rick & Joey

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Placed my order today. I checked my kitchen compared to the baggage compartments, they all seemed the same so we shall see. Looking forward to having just one key for sure regardless. Thanks for everyone’s input in here, much appreciated.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love having fewer keys, but I was taken by surprise when we got the two, count 'em 2, keys total for our Momentum. Each key opens every lock: both entry doors, rear garage door locks, and all basement doors locks.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920