User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflectix Insulation

Does anyone cover their RV windows (interior) with Reflectix insulation during cold weather camping? I watched a few videos on you-tube. Only problem is determining how to hang/install. Or do you insulate them with anything else? Would love to hear from anyone that has insulated their windows. Thanks

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't camp below the high teens anymore, but when we did I had Reflectix shades I made (also used them in the extreme heat). Cleanest way, IMO is a nice taped border and use snaps. You only need 4 to 6 for any window to keep it neatly in place. I used screws already in the window frame to mount the male side of the snap for a no-mar installation. I also used butcher's paper to make patterns of the windows to cut out for nice fit - Nikki frowned upon makeshift look mods after selling the hybrid!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    Does anyone cover their RV windows (interior) with Reflectix insulation during cold weather camping? I watched a few videos on you-tube. Only problem is determining how to hang/install. Or do you insulate them with anything else? Would love to hear from anyone that has insulated their windows. Thanks
    Yes, but the shrink wrapped window stuff has worked better for me. You can still get light through the windows is the main reason. We settle in for winter for 4 months without moving so its not something we change frequently.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Reflectix both in the summer and winter. In the summer it helps the ACs keep up. In the winter it seems to keep the bitter cold outside, and the heat in. We have found that a spot of double sided Nano Tape on each corner of the window frames works. For larger runs, we'll a little tape between the corners as well.

That said, I'm not liking living in a cave and am toying with the idea of framing out plexiglass storm windows for the interior.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Reflex white on one side silver on the other on some of the windows. I bought a roll wide enough cut to fit behind the cords that control the pull down shades and set on top of the screws that hold the cords.
    I do not have double pain windows so I was concerned about trapping moisture between the windows and the foam panels, not sure if this should be a concern but none the less it does provide some air movement so I chose not to seal the edges. The shade holds everything in place.
    Used on some of the basement doors also.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!