Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Tank Falling Out.............Help

2018 Momentum 376TH
    Long sad story, so I'll skip it. To be quick. My black tank is falling out!
    On the curb side of the RV one of the top black tank mounting braces was never secured. That allowed the tank to fall down on the curb side about 4 in. Good thing there is a brace below the tank or it would have fallen out. The gauge never read below 66% and always drained very very slow, a problem since day one. It sat on the back lot of Boyer RV for 3 1/2 months getting the laundry list of issues addressed. This issue and many others were not. But that's another story for another day. Stay away from Boyer. To remount the tank is an easy job. My concern is the inlet pipe from the toilet and the vent pipe. How are they connected? The tank has dropped at least 4in. How are these pipes secured to the tank and how can I check them?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks all!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's dropped that far, they likely are both disconnected. I cannot speak specifically to your year and model, but commonly both pipes enter the top of the tank through slip grommets and not rigid connection. Having dropped that much, should be easy to see, maybe feel, depending how close the frame and supporting members are around it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a water leak from our shower faucet and the insulation became soaked and the coroplast sagged.. While investigating the leak - our black tank pipes (2021 376ths) were in the rear pass thru behind the wall. I can actually see the drain pipe for the toilet. It is not that easy of a job and will require more than one set of hands. good luck. Glad you found the issue before it totally fell out of the rig while you were headed down the road.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys I got a good look at the top of the tank. In the pipes seem to be in place. They are on the side of the tank right above the dump valve. The other side of the tank is what is sagging so I think everything will be okay. The pipes were my concern. Remounting the tank is nuts and bolts. Very disappointing. Thanks for all the feedback