User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman Farmer View Post
    Hi Rob, yes in terms of all systems being functional. Idk if it's worth researching the supposed grounding issue and cloud of smoke, just thought it would be prudent. But as one of our fell forum members stated, maybe leave well enough alone?
    KY Gentleman Farmer

In your first post you stated “ loud noise in cabinet where fuse box is, followed by small cloud of white smoke that was fairly odorless (didn't smell like "electrical smoke").” I may have missed it in the thread, has anyone pulled the breaker panel and check for scorched wires. You had a washer component burn out and also a noise in the breaker box and smoke. Something got hot.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 07-17-2021 at 09:05 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    In your first post you stated “ loud noise in cabinet where fuse box is, followed by small cloud of white smoke that was fairly odorless (didn't smell like "electrical smoke").” I may have missed it in the thread, has anyone pulled the breaker panel and check for scorched wires. You had a washer component burn out and also a noise in the breaker box and smoke. Something got hot.
    It sounds like you had a surge through your trailer and your washer took the brunt of it.

I would recommend getting an inspection of your electrical system, especially your breaker box wiring.

If you have any problems with your service wiring they will be discovered when you install the hard wired surge protector.

An electrician or a certified RV Technician can perform these services for you.

PS: because water is involved, electrical grounding on a yacht is different than an RV, so your yacht tech suggesting you may have a problem with grounding may not actually be the case.

I would call an RV Tech.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the OP.......If you are suspect of something in your camper by all means get it checked out. If electricity is not in your wheelhouse then defer to an expert. Any good electrician or electrical tech or even an air conditioning technician can sort through these things with little trouble. As far as A/C vs D/C systems an electrician apprentice or technician is first taught DC voltage in his course material before moving on and it isn't rocket science.
    P.S. don't look behind the bulkhead of your trailer as the rats nest of wires would truly scare you.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KY Gentleman Farmer View Post
    Hi Rob, yes in terms of all systems being functional. Idk if it's worth researching the supposed grounding issue and cloud of smoke, just thought it would be prudent. But as one of our fell forum members stated, maybe leave well enough alone?

If you want to you can send me a personal message and then we can communicate to try and resolve your issue. I recently helped another member on here that was in New Mexico and was able to walk him through some troubleshooting, resolving his issue and saving him a long wait and several hour trip to his dealership. I should also mention I'm a retired electrician with 37+ years of experience.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12