User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot water conundrum

So we're out for camping up in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan and on one of our last nights, I noticed the hot water out of the tap was only lukewarm. Checked the breaker on the water heater, both the electric element and gas were turning on and off after running the hot side for awhile and the water out of the pressure release was scalding hot, yet every tap the water was only getting to about about 100 degrees when turning it on.

After fussing with the tank for 20 minutes, I decided to google "water heater not getting hot" and found a post in another camping forum that this was a common and easily fixed problem..Turns out I had been using the outside shower to clean up after the dog got sick on a rug..fun fun...and in haste, instead of turning off the valves I just disconnected the quick connect to move the hose back to the other connection next to the door, thus leaving the hot and cold "on" so the hot and cold was mixing inside the coach.

Grateful for camping forums for sure. I was at least two drinks into the evening and would not have figured this out well into the next day!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    So we're out for camping up in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan and on one of our last nights, I noticed the hot water out of the tap was only lukewarm. Checked the breaker on the water heater, both the electric element and gas were turning on and off after running the hot side for awhile and the water out of the pressure release was scalding hot, yet every tap the water was only getting to about about 100 degrees when turning it on.

After fussing with the tank for 20 minutes, I decided to google "water heater not getting hot" and found a post in another camping forum that this was a common and easily fixed problem..Turns out I had been using the outside shower to clean up after the dog got sick on a rug..fun fun...and in haste, instead of turning off the valves I just disconnected the quick connect to move the hose back to the other connection next to the door, thus leaving the hot and cold "on" so the hot and cold was mixing inside the coach.

Grateful for camping forums for sure. I was at least two drinks into the evening and would not have figured this out well into the next day!
    [emoji1] glad you found it. Its a common mistake. When ever some post that they have no hot water its 1 of the first thing we instruct them to verify.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE