User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design Forum

I wish I had known about this forum before I purchased my 2021 mle. I most likely would not have made purchased. I have owned several RV's in my life and have never before experienced so many issues in such a short period of time. I think I got a "lemon". I was speaking with a Claims Agent for a local RV Dealership and she stated the demand for RV's spiked during covid and the manufacturers where (and still are) throwing these RV's together in record time. She even quoted the amount of time it took Grand Design to assemble one...which I do not believe. My apologies for getting off topic...this forum is a good thing. thanks.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    I wish I had known about this forum before I purchased my 2021 mle. I most likely would not have made purchased. I have owned several RV's in my life and have never before experienced so many issues in such a short period of time. I think I got a "lemon". I was speaking with a Claims Agent for a local RV Dealership and she stated the demand for RV's spiked during covid and the manufacturers where (and still are) throwing these RV's together in record time. She even quoted the amount of time it took Grand Design to assemble one...which I do not believe. My apologies for getting off topic...this forum is a good thing. thanks.
    Did you need help with these issues?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know these arent perfect, but search other brand forums and you will most likely see the same problems. All the major brands are assembled the same with the same components. We only went with GD twice for their customer service after the sale, I didnt expect much difference otherwise. We can help with problems, lots of good knowledgeable people on this forum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FT4NOW is right about the industry and as others mentioned we can help you.
    I think Covid was hard on many industries, shutting down production lines only to be met with higher then normal demands plus parts shortage, hikes in prices and shortage in work force for some.
    For what its worth, we had some minor issues with our 22MLE but we really enjoy it and still love the floor plan.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the issues with your trailer. These problems are not specific to Grand Design. It is an industry wide issue, all manufacturers. In a recent interview the CEO of Thor Industries, they own many brands including Airstream, said they have a $3 billion backlog of orders. Yes with a 'B'. How do you think they are going to clear that backlog? They will work faster - they're not going to add a mass amount of production capacity with people or facilities. Increasing expenses would cut into the earnings and stock price. Shareholders come first! They will just work faster as all other manufacturers are. And with faster, unfortunately, quality can suffer. And this applies to not just the trailer assembly but the companies building all the components - ovens, stoves, fridges, A/C units, Awnings - EVERYTHING.

I'm confident GD will make things right. You also have to remember that dealers are under the same pressures. I doubt any dealers have added service bays or technicians to meet the staggering increase in demand of RV repairs. Both under warranty and out of warranty work.

The member community is here to help.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt any dealers have added service bays or technicians to meet the staggering increase in demand of RV repairs.
    I see lots of advertisements from Lazy Days on facebook looking for technicians. People don't want to work since they are getting funding from other sources.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I see lots of advertisements from Lazy Days on facebook looking for technicians. People don't want to work since they are getting funding from other sources.
    Well trained experienced RV techs are very gainfully employed and well paid, well at least in my neck of the woods. COVID EI/UI or whatever might be available is a reality, but many of our RV dealers had long wait times prior to COVID. The dramatic increase in sales and the uptake of the recreational RV lifestyle over the past year or so has stretched support pretty thin.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Did you need help with these issues?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Thank you, you probably already have, very generous.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I know these arent perfect, but search other brand forums and you will most likely see the same problems. All the major brands are assembled the same with the same components. We only went with GD twice for their customer service after the sale, I didnt expect much difference otherwise. We can help with problems, lots of good knowledgeable people on this forum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I understand. I have had owned numerous RV's and never had as many issues. The only problem I had with my last RV was a small leak resulting in a minimal issue. Moreover, this was after it was 12 years old. My 2021 MLE which I purchased last October already has a water leak.

The real problem is the American work force....which I have little or no faith in. No one can do anything right. I appreciate your response.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand. I have had owned numerous RV's and never had as many issues. The only problem I had with my last RV was a small leak resulting in a minimal issue. Moreover, this was after it was 12 years old. My 2021 MLE which I purchased last October already has a water leak.

The real problem is the American work force....which I have little or no faith in. No one can do anything right. I appreciate your response.
    I tend to blame the American capitalists who push the American workforce to do more for less and with less so they can satisfy Wall Street expectations and increase that share price. Unfortunately my IRA's appreciate that increased share price, so I guess I am part of the problem.

I am pretty confident when I say I doubt it is the workers saying hey let's work faster and do a poor job while we are at it.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast