User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh Water Overflow not working

I did a search to try and see if this was a common issue but could not find it. So, I have a 2021 Solitude. When I fill the fresh water tank, at about 2/3rds full water begins filling up and flowing not out of the overflow but out of the seams of the protective cover that is attached to the underside of the 5th wheel. My assumption is that 1. the sensor is just off and shows that the tank is 2/3 full but is actually full, and 2. the overflow is somehow disconnected.

My question is has anyone else had this experience and how difficult would it be to inspect and reconnect the valve if that is the case? Once the cover is removed does the tank have to be dropped to visually inspect the valve, or will I be able to see it if I remove the cover?

I just bought this and called the dealer and they tell me they cannot look at it until sometime in 2022 (so much for that warranty). There are no other Grand Design dealers in my area so wondering if this is something worth tackling on my own or just live with it until I can take it somewhere out of State. I built my own house so I do have some skill with tools.

Thanks
    Rex

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could get a water flow meter to gauge how much water you are putting in
    They are only 10 bucks or so
    But that doesn’t help the issue
    If it were me I would lower the coroplast and inspect
    I am sure it will be something evident that you will see right away

Nothing is coming out of the blue rubber hose by your fresh water tank dump?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Nope...not a thing is coming out the overflow. Dry as a bone. A ton of water is coming out everywhere else. It's obviously flowing over the edges of the tank and down the outside of the main drain valve (not actually out the drain but around the outside) and filling up and pooling within the coroplast and out the edges, but nothing out the blue tube for the overflow. I just didn't want to go through the pain of dropping the coroplast and then find that I need to drop the water tank as well to see where the overflow tube connects. If it can be reconnected I can easily do it. However, if the connection is somehow broken, or the tank is cracked I will then just take it somewhere this winter while I'm hiding down south till the snow is gone in here in Colorado. There are a lot more options down south for working on this unit than where I live.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not ignore it. Someone needs to drop the belly cover and figure out what is going on and dry it out. Water in the belly will rust your frame and grow mold. The Solitudes have fiber glass insulation that can also get wet and be damaged. If you talk to GD you can probably get approved for a mobile tech to look at it.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rexnipper View Post
    Thanks! Nope...not a thing is coming out the overflow. Dry as a bone. A ton of water is coming out everywhere else. It's obviously flowing over the edges of the tank and down the outside of the main drain valve (not actually out the drain but around the outside) and filling up and pooling within the coroplast and out the edges, but nothing out the blue tube for the overflow. I just didn't want to go through the pain of dropping the coroplast and then find that I need to drop the water tank as well to see where the overflow tube connects. If it can be reconnected I can easily do it. However, if the connection is somehow broken, or the tank is cracked I will then just take it somewhere this winter while I'm hiding down south till the snow is gone in here in Colorado. There are a lot more options down south for working on this unit than where I live.
    While it is possible that the tank has a problem it is also possible one of the connections for the fill hose is leaking. The only way to know is to get in there and look.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! There's no such thing as a mobile tech where I live. There might be one on the front range, but not in the mountains. They don't come here, or I would do that. Also GD said I would have to use their dealer. If I can't figure it out on my own I'll just have to wait till I'm in the Vegas area this winter where they have a ton of techs and dealers that can help. Until then I'm just not using the tank. The only reason I figured out there was an issue was because I was sanitizing after buying it. For the next few months I'll just be using city water when camping, and so far that works just fine.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rexnipper View Post
    Thanks! There's no such thing as a mobile tech where I live. There might be one on the front range, but not in the mountains. They don't come here, or I would do that. Also GD said I would have to use their dealer. If I can't figure it out on my own I'll just have to wait till I'm in the Vegas area this winter where they have a ton of techs and dealers that can help. Until then I'm just not using the tank. The only reason I figured out there was an issue was because I was sanitizing after buying it. For the next few months I'll just be using city water when camping, and so far that works just fine.
    I understand, I lived and have traveled in CO most of my life. I now live full time in a GD 337. Since we move all the time I do my own work.

GD will send warranty parts for you to install or have a mobile tech install. I know they will do this because I have gotten parts from them.

GD will authorize a mobile tech but we have already covered that. You would need to pay the tech service call.

From reading this forum GD will authorize non-GD shops to work on their rigs. Must be approved by GD and the shop doing the work must work with GD.

If you do nothing else you need to drop the belly cover and dry it out.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually