User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to RVing aswell as New to GD

Hello from PA, Im Paul and my wife is Mindy, we have three children and a goldendoodle. We just bought our first GD Transcend Xplor 321BH, went for our first trip local. Already going for a second long weekend in another week and then another 2 weeks after. We have never owned an RV but after having bad experiences at hotels/airBNB we decided we wanted out own space that only we use...... So here we are... Glad there is a site to find answers about everything GD!!! We like to be more secluded than in RV parks where we are smack dab on top of others but will get over that as we go.... Next year already planning a trip from PA to grand canyon to Yellowstone and back.. Thanks in advance for the shared knowledge on these forums!!!!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsfamily View Post
    Hello from PA, Im Paul and my wife is Mindy, we have three children and a goldendoodle. We just bought our first GD Transcend Xplor 321BH, went for our first trip local. Already going for a second long weekend in another week and then another 2 weeks after. We have never owned an RV but after having bad experiences at hotels/airBNB we decided we wanted out own space that only we use...... So here we are... Glad there is a site to find answers about everything GD!!! We like to be more secluded than in RV parks where we are smack dab on top of others but will get over that as we go.... Next year already planning a trip from PA to grand canyon to Yellowstone and back.. Thanks in advance for the shared knowledge on these forums!!!!
    Welcome aboard and congratulations! There is a wealth of knowledge here, so search and ask away!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, im sure ill have questions but ill try and read whats already said before i ask as to not be redundant... LOL

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome tomthe group.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum brother Paul.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from North Carolina! Be safe, have fun, and make some memories!
    We just got back from a trip from NC to the Grand Canyon (went to the Meteor Crater first) and then 2 weeks in Texas before coming home. It's a long drive, but we had a blast!
    If you have any questions, we're all here to help!
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like when information is abundantly available!! I mean i find myself to be a very handy individual but sometime a few minutes of research saves hours of headaches lol.....
    Paul & Melinda
    2022 Transcend Xplor 321BH
    2106 Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty 6.4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    Welcome from North Carolina! Be safe, have fun, and make some memories!
    We just got back from a trip from NC to the Grand Canyon (went to the Meteor Crater first) and then 2 weeks in Texas before coming home. It's a long drive, but we had a blast!
    If you have any questions, we're all here to help!
    Wow bet that was a great trip!! I have never hauled anything like this before but after last two trips its not that bad at all. Truck handles well and just have to be extra alert and allow more time.
    Paul & Melinda

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsfamily View Post
    Wow bet that was a great trip!! I have never hauled anything like this before but after last two trips its not that bad at all. Truck handles well and just have to be extra alert and allow more time.
    It was a fantastic trip!
    But to be honest, all of our trips are pretty fantastic
    And you're right - take it slow and get comfortable with it. We've been tugging this thing around for 5 years now, but I'll admit I was a tad nervous the first day or two since we didn't really get our camper out last year. We normally spend almost 50 nights a year in it, but I think last year we only did 14 due to park closures and what not. (We actually had reservations for the Grand Canyon last summer, but the reservations were cancelled when they closed the park so we rescheduled for this year)
    Not sure how you plan on doing your trip out there, but we stayed at Cracker Barrels for a couple of nights (the kids love their pancakes in the morning), and we also stayed at two Harvest Hosts on the way out which were pretty awesome. If you purchase your Grand Canyon tickets online, lanes 1 and 4 (assuming they're open) are for prepurchased tickets and move a lot faster. Get there early - when we would leave at 3pm or so, the line to get into the park would have a 2+ hour wait. 8-9am was a 15 minute wait to get in. 11am was almost an hour.
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakev383 View Post
    It was a fantastic trip!
    But to be honest, all of our trips are pretty fantastic
    And you're right - take it slow and get comfortable with it. We've been tugging this thing around for 5 years now, but I'll admit I was a tad nervous the first day or two since we didn't really get our camper out last year. We normally spend almost 50 nights a year in it, but I think last year we only did 14 due to park closures and what not. (We actually had reservations for the Grand Canyon last summer, but the reservations were cancelled when they closed the park so we rescheduled for this year)
    Not sure how you plan on doing your trip out there, but we stayed at Cracker Barrels for a couple of nights (the kids love their pancakes in the morning), and we also stayed at two Harvest Hosts on the way out which were pretty awesome. If you purchase your Grand Canyon tickets online, lanes 1 and 4 (assuming they're open) are for prepurchased tickets and move a lot faster. Get there early - when we would leave at 3pm or so, the line to get into the park would have a 2+ hour wait. 8-9am was a 15 minute wait to get in. 11am was almost an hour.

I have to agree, even when things go a bit sideways we manage to have fun!! We just booked the Grand Design UnRally at Normandy Farms for next June, The resort looks really nice so we are gonna do that for a week. Should be a fun drive through upstate New York.
    Paul & Melinda