Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P/U new 2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE

This week we picked up our 2022 22RBE.
    We ordered a 2021, at the 2021 price, the last week of April, our 2022 arrived at the dealer June 30, and we picked it up early this week.

We LOVE it.

A couple changes from the 2021.... we wish had not changed.

1. We liked the sofa mounted table and totally dislike the "telescopingleg table" that now ships. We will leave it home, and use nice "TV tables".

2. We liked the wall mounted bed lights, rather than the ceiling lights that the unit now has. They shine in your eyes.

3. Disappointed our unit has the GE A/C.
    It is louder than the Coleman Mack (CM) and... the filter is lousy, not even framed. The GE also DOES NOT HAVE the nice baffled "plenum" to provide better airflow to the vents. The good news? Yes, it is keeping the rig cool in our South Carolina heat and humidity, although I note, we are in a site shaded from 11am on.

What else?

1. Goodyear tires!
    Enough said.

2 . Like the main panel to check tank levels.

3. Tanks are working great! On day 3, still haven't had to dump.

4. Wish the fridge had a 12v option.

5. Total of 7 deep drawers in the "kitchen".
    I wish 2 were 3 shallow drawers in the same space (utensils, silverware etc...)

6. No outside light by stairs, except awning. Be nice if there was a typical yellow (non-insect attracting) stair light, switched and photocell.

7. Bathroom space is nothing short of amazing.

8. Yes, the mattress is very hard, but mattresses are personal preference, and, we may switch it out with one from our Murphy bed at home. Time will tell.

9. Theater seating is wonderful. BUT... there NEEDS to be an on off switch, as I am constantly bumping the buttons for heat and massage. That is very annoying. I note my wife has no issue.

10. The audio system is VERY confusing. And, there were no use instructions that came with it, only an installation guide. Had to get instructions online.
    Unless I am not understanding something, I am not able to pair my Bluetooth phone directly, only through the Furion App..... that is ridiculous.
    I am unable to figure out how to play tv sound through the audio system.
    With the audio and tv..... come one Grand design.... just use regular equipment... why does it ha e to be so difficult??

OVERALL:
    Thank you Grand Design for the wonderful new Travel Trailer, North America, here we come again!
    Happily retired.
    0ver 40 years of camping.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE, Pulled by a:
    White 2021 Armada SL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An important topic I failed to add:

1. The size of the bathroom sink is UNACCEPTABLE and deplorable. The countertop is immense, yet the sink it has is TINY. The best modification I have seen is a large top mounted round ceramic sink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manufacturer Errors:

So far I have come across 2 errors in the build process.

1. The hot and cold controls in the shower are reversed and mislabeled. In other words, hot is labeled Cold and is on the right.

2. There is a large SHARPE piece of aluminum protruding behind the front of the right-side wheel fender.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 and love it. We have the Coleman Mach AC, which freezes us out most of the time. The table that attaches to the theater seats is nice, but I have heard some people have an issue with it not being level or being wobbly. We don't have that issue with ours.

Spoiler alert: The 2022 will have a 12-volt fridge starting, I believe, in October. I wish the 2021 came with that option as well.

The only thing I would change right now would be to have some small touch puck lights in the cubbies on each side of the bed that are not too bright, but enough to see what's in there without turning on the above bed light and possibly waking up the spouse.
    Stacie S.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2022 RAM 2500 Limited, Crew Cab, 6.4L Hemi.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9. Check Etsy for 3D printed covers for the buttons. A dramatic improvement that should be standard. We bought these with magnetic cover:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/9694486...uard-and-cover

Sink... Replace the low slung faucet with an arch of your choosing. It makes the small bowl tolerable and is a 5 minute job. We used this one:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Pfister-...LRGS/300721643

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PapiGG View Post

10. The audio system is VERY confusing. And, there were no use instructions that came with it, only an installation guide. Had to get instructions online.
    Unless I am not understanding something, I am not able to pair my Bluetooth phone directly, only through the Furion App..... that is ridiculous.
    I am unable to figure out how to play tv sound through the audio system.
    With the audio and tv..... come one Grand design.... just use regular equipment... why does it ha e to be so difficult??
    PapiGG,

Congrats on your purchase!

You should easily be able to pair outside the Furrion app. Should act just like any other Bluetooth pairing.

Just know that to change tone settings you need to use the app.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 v fridge!
    Nice 👍.... Wish our 2022 had that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just came home from our 5th trip, probably a total of 3 weeks or more in the 2022 XLS 22RBE.

Yes. We still absolutely love it overall.

Other than the above described issues, after there trips (about 6 hours away, different locations) our biggest pet peeve is the lighting.

The "main cabin" ceiling lights are either all on or off, and far too bright. If the ceiling lights are off and the under cabinet light between the sink and stovetop is on, it shines in your eyes if you sit on the recliner rather than stand.

The lighting above the recliner is also to bright, with 2 lights, not individually switched. They are nice for reading, yet to bright if the other person isn't reading.

The overhead bed lights shine in your eyes if you try and read laying down. Bottom line, they are useless.

As I've said elsewhere, there is no exterior door/steplight except the awning led string.

We do like the motion sensor light inside the door.

Overall, the wonderful camper needs a lighting redesign.