User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Power antenna cable connections on a Reflection

I was staying at a park in Texas that had cable, well cable wasn't working very well so Spectrum sent out 2 techs to look at it. Well they moved all the cables around on my power antenna switch panel. I'm no longer there, but now I have no antenna channels in my trailer and am trying to figure out where to re-put them to get it to work again. Does anyone have a picture or know which cable goes to which port to make it work?

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, have you turned the TV antenna amplifier on ? Without that on you won't get OTA signals.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    First, have you turned the TV antenna amplifier on ? Without that on you won't get OTA signals.
    Yes I have. It's the first thing I do when using the antenna.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a suggestion....

first go behind the wet bay panel where you connections are for you sat input, cable input, etc. Note the color of the cables. At least I think they are different colors. Make note of the color of the cable coax and the satellite cable.

Then pull out the antenna/cable switch box. The 3 ports on the back of the wall plate are labeled 'Cable", "Antenna", "2nd TV". You want the cable coax from the wet bay plugged into the "Cable" input. You want the antenna cable (this one is a guess) plugged into "Antenna" and the remaining cable is what goes to the bedroom and main TV (this is the cable that has a splitter somewhere in the rig that feed the bedroom and main TV.

Most likely Spectrum took the cable input and connected it directly to their cable box which then fed (via HDMI?) to you main TV.

Lots of photos and a diagram of your current wiring would be helpful to troubleshoot this on line.

finally - NEVER let a cable provider tech inside your RV. It is just an open invitation for a disaster. I follow them around when back home correcting all the messes the make so folks can use Spectrum, cable, air and satellite when on the road.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods