User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend Paint Protection

We are new to the Grand Design family, having just ordered and received our new Transcend travel trailer.

We decided to turn down the paint protection products after feeling like it did nothing to protect our previous camper. But I would like to still prolong the life of our paint, and am not at all afraid of putting in a little sweat equity.

The problem is the new matte paint doesn't work with normal waxes and polishes. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations on a product to use to protect the paint that works well with Matte finishes.

I am looking at mcKee's37 matte finish protectant.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the transcend xplor 321BH and I seen a youtube I think from GD saying just to use dawn dish soap or a wash wax combination soap. Says not to use the reg wax do to the rough side.
    Jack & Melinda from MI
    2021 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 321BH "On Order"
    2014 Chevy 2500HD 4 Door
    Have a Safe and Happy Camping Everyone

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Transcend Xplor trailers do not have painted siding. The exterior finish is actually called "Tough Coat" which is a stainless steel pigment combined with an epoxy ester resin. The manufacturer recommends against using waxes and recommends a mild detergent for cleaning. This appears to be a very durable finish requiring minimal care. Come to think of it, I might prefer it to paint or gelcoat!

PS - a "Paint Protection Plan" would be a waste of money on this finish.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full-timed for 9 years in a Reflection 337RLS and Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The Transcend Xplor trailers do not have painted siding. The exterior finish is actually called "Tough Coat" which is a stainless steel pigment combined with an epoxy ester resin. The manufacturer recommends against using waxes and recommends a mild detergent for cleaning. This appears to be a very durable finish requiring minimal care. Come to think of it, I might prefer it to paint or gelcoat!

PS - a "Paint Protection Plan" would be a waste of money on this finish.

Rob
    Agreed on the paint protection plan!