User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blown Trailer Light Fuse

I have a new 2020 Silverado 2500 HD pulling my new 2021 Grand Design Imagine TT. After much trial and error, I discovered that fuse #82 (TIM) had blown. I've read that the many LED lights on the trailer may be overloading that circuit. Has anyone had similar problems? Any tips for avoiding this in the future?
    Thanks,
    CJ

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your truck is designed to handle the same number of incandescent bulbs, which draw much more current, so the number of LEDs isn't an issue. With a 30A fuse, you could probably run more than 400 LED lights on the trailer. If you are exceeding that number, the problem is a little more complex than a fuse

It seems nobody really knows what the issue is. GM's official list of acronyms says TIM stands for Tire Inflation Monitor which isn't helpful here.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Your truck is designed to handle the same number of incandescent bulbs, which draw much more current, so the number of LEDs isn't an issue. With a 30A fuse, you could probably run more than 400 LED lights on the trailer. If you are exceeding that number, the problem is a little more complex than a fuse

It seems nobody really knows what the issue is. GM's official list of acronyms says TIM stands for Tire Inflation Monitor which isn't helpful here.
    I appreciate the reply. I've talked with more than one owner of a newer model GM truck who has run into the same issue. I suppose I'll stock up on 30A fuses just in case.
    CJ