User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    So far repair or order a new one.

They can get me a new one rather quickly, but not quick enough to get in time for our trip.

Fortunately I have my current unit, although significantly smaller.
    If you have a way to make your vacation happen, which it seems you do, I would have them order that new one.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    If you have a way to make your vacation happen, which it seems you do, I would have them order that new one.
    And I would make note of the damaged ones VIN to make sure they don't try to pull a fast one!
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get the new one that way your not wondering what is going to happen down the line. ours came in but had a hole in the fresh water tank and the theatre seat on the one side wouldn't open. not taking ownership of it untill everything is good as gold. not nearly the problem that you have but not settling for less. our other GD was great with nary an issue and hopefully the new one will be the same. good luck with what ever decision you decide to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't accept the damaged unit. I had a somewhat similar item a number of years ago with a Yamaha Waverunner. Had it in the shop for the first oil change, they damaged/cracked the hull and I told them they just bought it. They had one other 4-stroke bigger machine. I had them show me the invoices matching the VIN's and told them I would pay them the difference for the higher end unit. In the end I loved the bigger more powerful one much better.
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Air-ride
    B&W 25k Companion puck system
    2012 Forest River Cardinal 3550RL
    39 months to retirement, WE WILL GET THERE!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Don't accept the damaged unit. I had a somewhat similar item a number of years ago with a Yamaha Waverunner. Had it in the shop for the first oil change, they damaged/cracked the hull and I told them they just bought it. They had one other 4-stroke bigger machine. I had them show me the invoices matching the VIN's and told them I would pay them the difference for the higher end unit. In the end I loved the bigger more powerful one much better.
    Well yea! Bigger is always better.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A damage unit is not a new unit.
    Take your current unit on vacation if you can't postpone it.
    Have the dealer get you a new unit. For your inconvenience I'd ask for a few "no cost to you" upgrades on the new unit.

Good Luck!
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others said, DO NOT ACCECPT the damaged unit.
    Let them eat the repairs and sell it to someone else.
    Schedule a 2022 Aug vacation for the next new unit (or use the old RV), assuming they don't screw up twice.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing you still have something to take with you. I had a similar situation. Went to take delivery and they broke the new unit. It only took a few weeks for a new one. We got one last trip in the old camper which was actually kinda fun. I agree that you need to document that you want a new one. That unit needs to be sent back to grand design. It can’t be sold the way it is as and carry the factory warranty. Let that be a problem for the dealer alone. Good luck. Enjoy a last last trip in the old unit and make the best of it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. I completely agree with everyone.

Update - canceled the order and we found a new Jayco on Sunday.

I pick it up Saturday. Yes, it was more money, but it’s more camper and the one we originally wanted.

We will be happy.

I was looking forward to joining the Grand a design Family everyone on this page and the Facebook group is super nice and helpful.

Thanks again.
    2022 Reflection 340 RDS (On Order) - Damaged and Cancelled, replaced with 2021 Northpoint 377 RLBH
    2021 Ram 3500 Cummins HO 6’4” bed / Pullrite Superglide 2315
    2017 Bass Cat Puma FTD / 250 Mercury Optimax ProXS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it worked out. We arent brand snobs here, although some will disagree. Feel free to stay as a participant on this forum and share your experiences with your new rig, a lot of issues and components are similar across all brands.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast