Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Momentum owners.

Greetings all,

We are Howard and Peggy, and just picked up our new, to us, 2019 Momentum 351M. We moved from a Fuzion 383 to the Momentum, and so far it is great. We needed the wider garage for our Spyder and sport bike to fit. The 351 ticked all the boxes, with the exception of no slide toppers, but that can be remedied quite easily.

There's a few niggles, but the only major issue is the Happijac bed won't raise. The PO said they would send the repair part when it comes in, so we're hopeful it won't be a major problem. Overall it pulls nicely with no issues. Not too crazy about the electronic control panel to turn the lights on and off, I would prefer regular switch controls, but that's a pretty minor annoyance. I'm a big fan of KISS.

Anyway, we've been traveling with various trailers for nearly 20 years, and I've been motorcycle traveling for over 50 years. Glad to be aboard.

Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome!

Check the little tiny plug connections on the little white Happi Jack control box. If I remember right the limit switches are "fail safe" so if not connected properly it won't work.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the suggestion. As a matter of fact, the part that the PO ordered was the upper limit switch. I checked the continuity of the present switch and it shows normally closed and opens when the switch is tripped. But perhaps the plug is at fault. I'll have to check that part. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Georgia.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. As a matter of fact, the part that the PO ordered was the upper limit switch. I checked the continuity of the present switch and it shows normally closed and opens when the switch is tripped. But perhaps the plug is at fault. I'll have to check that part. Thanks again.
    Welcome to the family!

We've had similar issues with our Happijac system in our Momentum 31G. Lower limit switch for us. Dealer finally jumped the wires at the plug while we wait or a lower limit switch to arrive. Works perfectly now. No issue with us getting off the button to stop it manually.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from North Carolina!
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the kind welcomes.

As far as the beds, I've jumpered out both of the limit switches and still no joy. They also tried a new control box, and that didn't work either. Still searching for an answer. I can wire directly to the motor and the bed will go up and down, so the motor is okay. Quite the conundrum.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the kind welcomes.

As far as the beds, I've jumpered out both of the limit switches and still no joy. They also tried a new control box, and that didn't work either. Still searching for an answer. I can wire directly to the motor and the bed will go up and down, so the motor is okay. Quite the conundrum.
    Jumpered at the switch or at the plug? It was an issue with the plug on ours. Jumpering the switch did not good. They eventually jumpered across the pins in the plug. Been working fine ever since. I'm going to retain the jumpered plug once they change out the switch just in case. We also changed control boxes with no change. Ours were stuck in the up position.

Edit to add photo:

You can see the jumpered plug in this photo. We also moved the control box from the ceiling where it was originally mounted to the much more user friendly spot on the wall. A very tight spot to work with it on the ceiling if the beds are suck in to up position with the 3 season doors.

Last edited by TerryH; 07-17-2021 at 07:49 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the feedback.

I jumpered the upper and lower switches both ways: at the actual switch, and then at the box. Checked continuity and the switches work, and the jumped pins both should work, but only the down direction operates. From what I've read, the usual culprit is the limit switch, or limit switch connection. Both of mine are good, and supposedly the beds have worked in the past, according to the PO. Next step is to check the circuit board in the box and see if the relay is working as it should. It works with the down, but no connection with the up. Maybe a bad trace on the board.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the feedback.

I jumpered the upper and lower switches both ways: at the actual switch, and then at the box. Checked continuity and the switches work, and the jumped pins both should work, but only the down direction operates. From what I've read, the usual culprit is the limit switch, or limit switch connection. Both of mine are good, and supposedly the beds have worked in the past, according to the PO. Next step is to check the circuit board in the box and see if the relay is working as it should. It works with the down, but no connection with the up. Maybe a bad trace on the board.
    Sounds like you've covered all possibilities on the limit switches. Interesting that the new control box didn't fix it.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast