User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would the B&W 5,000, 2,0000 Companion be a good choice for my long bed Ford F350

Plan on buying a hitch to pull a 310 Solitude with my F350 long bed Superduty with factory prep. Do folks recommend the B&W BWRVK 3300 (5,000 tongue, 20,000 GTW?

Thanks

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the 25K Companion and I love it. They are very popular because they are top notch in quality, and from what I've heard they have excellent customer service (I've never needed that though). Made in the USA and very heavy duty. I opted for the heavier one because I have a 20K GVWR Momentum and I always, if given the choice, will buy heavier duty than I can just get by with.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 20k hitch should be fine for your 310gk. The GVWR of the 310 is 15,000lb. So the 20k B&W hitch will only be at 75% if it’s max tow rating.

The B&W hitch is really well made. I use it as well. A couple of things to consider though. I have to climb into the bed of the truck each time I hitch or unhitch because of the placement of the hitch handle and locking pin. Some other brands of hitches allow you to operate the hitch from outside the truck bed. Secondly, the B&W hitch is very heavy. If you plan to remove it between trips you may need another person to help move it out of the truck bed.
    Last edited by Cenerus; 07-17-2021 at 06:15 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used the B&W companion and they had great customer service. I currently am using the Curt Q 20 and have never had to use customer service...but love the hitch.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    The 20k hitch should be fine for your 310gk. The GVWR of the 310 is 15,000lb. So the 20k B&W hitch will only be at 75% if it’s max tow rating.

The B&W hitch is really well made. I use it as well. A couple of things to consider though. I have to climb into the bed of the truck each time I hitch or unhitch because of the placement of the hitch handle and locking pin. Some other brands of hitches allow you to operate the hitch from outside the truck bed. Secondly, the B&W hitch is very heavy. If you plan to remove it between trips you may need another person to help move it out of the truck bed.
    One of these will keep you out of the truck bed when hitching or disconnecting the 5ver. One of the best truck accessories I've bought....

Folded up for storage...

In use pic....
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a B&W also. I carry a fold up step stool in the basement of the 5th. It helps getting past the DRW to the handle & pin.
    The stool comes in handy with other shtuff.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    One of these will keep you out of the truck bed when hitching or disconnecting the 5ver. One of the best truck accessories I've bought....

Folded up for storage...

In use pic....
    I have that step as well. It definitely helps a lot.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a B&W 20k hitch for our F350 2021 puck system.
    Great hitch.
    Carefully look at the arms though, ours arrived with two A arms and not an A and B arm.

B&W was quick to send out the correct B arm.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the B&W hitch in our long bed Dodge dually. Been using it for about 15 years, and it still works great. I step up on the rim
    of the outer dually and can reach the release arm. Can't recommend it highly enough.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S