Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waiting for 2970RL in Georgia

Good morning from Lincolnton, Georgia. My wife and I have been camping since 1976 and this our first GD. I have been reading many post about small problems some have encountered with their new units, and a in depth PDI to include full hookup at the dealer seems to be a must do. We currently own a 2020 Mallard M33 that we thought would be great for having the great grand kids with us. That didn't happen so we are trading for something for suitable for us to use. Any suggestions are appreciated. No real upgrades are planned a this time. We store our camper at home under a hard RVPORT.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Flowery Branch, GA.
    Enjoy and stay safe.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Skipwalton View Post
    Good morning from Lincolnton, Georgia. My wife and I have been camping since 1976 and this our first GD. I have been reading many post about small problems some have encountered with their new units, and a in depth PDI to include full hookup at the dealer seems to be a must do. We currently own a 2020 Mallard M33 that we thought would be great for having the great grand kids with us. That didn't happen so we are trading for something for suitable for us to use. Any suggestions are appreciated. No real upgrades are planned a this time. We store our camper at home under a hard RVPORT.
    Congrats! I have joined the waiting for my 2970RL list as well. I am trading up from a 2600RB, there were no issues just wanted a little more space. Frankly, we looked at the Reflection and really liked the Imagine design better, aside from a few trade-offs. My 2600 RB was 2021. No build issues had an outdoor speaker light miswired but an easy fix. I suspect you will love the unit and GD has been great with help and sending parts ( They sent the speakers and a temperature sensor relocation kit free of charge) I damaged a door and paid a very reasonable price for a replacement.

A quick shout out to the dealer I use- Campers Unlimited in Gadsen Alabama- a great deal, good folks, and they prefer you stay at their campground the first night free of charge after PDI so they can fix any little tweaks needed. I think that is a great customer service point and no other dealer even mentioned it! Hence, I didn't even really look elsewhere when it found the need to move up. In fairness, I did some price shopping to be sure but it was still the best deal!

If you are under a hardcover you are well ahead of the game. Welcome to the family!
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Palmetto, GA.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    Congrats! I have joined the waiting for my 2970RL list as well. I am trading up from a 2600RB, there were no issues just wanted a little more space. Frankly, we looked at the Reflection and really liked the Imagine design better, aside from a few trade-offs. My 2600 RB was 2021. No build issues had an outdoor speaker light miswired but an easy fix. I suspect you will love the unit and GD has been great with help and sending parts ( They sent the speakers and a temperature sensor relocation kit free of charge) I damaged a door and paid a very reasonable price for a replacement.

A quick shout out to the dealer I use- Campers Unlimited in Gadsen Alabama- a great deal, good folks, and they prefer you stay at their campground the first night free of charge after PDI so they can fix any little tweaks needed. I think that is a great customer service point and no other dealer even mentioned it! Hence, I didn't even really look elsewhere when it found the need to move up. In fairness, I did some price shopping to be sure but it was still the best deal!

If you are under a hardcover you are well ahead of the game. Welcome to the family!
    Campers Unlimited is where we purchased. Ditto on everything you stated, great place! We pick ours up Aug 19th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Russ & Sheila
    2022 Image XLS 22MLE
    2021 Ford F-150
    Auburn, GA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary of owning our 2970RL. Wife and I absolutely love ours! We were looking at a 2600RB when we stumbled across this model and ultimately purchased.

As for the PDI, check everything. If your selling dealer has an overnight stay lot take advantage of it and spend the night. We did at Lazy Days Tampa and it was great. We had only a couple of minor items to be resolved before we left. There are some really good PDI checklists on this forum if you use the search function. Here are some things I would be sure to check.
    Check all 110v outlets. Bring small lamp or something else to plug into them. Check the ones in the pass through storage.
    Check all 12 v lighting/switches
    Check all USB ports. Don't forget the ones in the cubby's next to the bed.
    Check all your tank drain handles, 3 of them, obviously before you put anything into the tanks unless you can connect to sewer.
    Check the furnace. Yes it is 100+ degrees but you need to see if it works. Mine actually had a duct that was not connected at the furnace.
    Check both propane and AC on the fridge.
    Check the fridge to be sure it auto switches from electric to propane and back.
    Run the fridge the whole time you are there to confirm cooling.
    Check the fan behind the fridge for excessive noise.
    Check the water heater for operation after you fill it with water. Check gas only, electric only, and both.
    You will probably have a big gap between the door and door frame when the sliding bathroom door is closed. Either have the dealer fix the gap or it is a pretty easy fix yourself.
    Check all your television cable connections.
    Check the fireplace in all modes, including heat.

We camp mostly in Georgia. We are Florida residents that have held a GA state parks pass for the past 10 years. Enjoy your new rig!
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up this morning

Picked up our 2970rl this morning, heading out Monday for a week at Mistletoe State Park. PDI went well enough, had to get a long drop bar for my WDH. took a bit for me to figure why my compass connect didn't. I failed to pair phone. Didn't know CB for water heater had to be on for fireplace / tv to come on. Live and learn.
    2022 2970RL
    2019 F250 6.2 SC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up our 2970rl this morning, heading out Monday for a week at Mistletoe State Park. PDI went well enough, had to get a long drop bar for my WDH. took a bit for me to figure why my compass connect didn't. I failed to pair phone. Didn't know CB for water heater had to be on for fireplace / tv to come on. Live and learn.
    Congratulations! Glad to hear you picked it up! I am truly glad our 2021 did NOT come with the Compass Connect. Seems like it creates a lot of frustration for very little benefit. JMO
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will ck into Mistletoe on the 15th, if you are still there drop by # 82 we would love to meet up.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited