User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LEAKING GREY WATER TANK VALVE - 2021 Reflection 150 Series

One of my grey water tank valves is leaking. I have added another valve at the cap to prevent the overflow buildup. The trailer is still under warranty. I don`t really want a brand new trailer to leak and having to add an aftermarket valve to correct the issue.

What is involved at the dealership to replace this valve? Is it common for dealerships to fix this?
    Is it easy? Is it a serious overhaul job?
    Will I have other issues develop if they need to take sealed areas down to fix it?
    Who has had this done at the dealership and what issues did they have afterwards?

Thank you
    Al
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your gray tank continuously drain or is there water at the termination cap when you open it?

The valves are at the tanks, so there is usually residual water in the drain pipe even after you close the valves.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with above, make sure it's actually leaking. It's not uncommon to have residual water left in the header between the valve and cap, it might look like the flow has stopped, but after you move the RV, the fluid left in the pipe moves to the cap.

I've replaced 2 valves in my Momentum, not at a dealer though. It's not a terrible process and shouldn't result in other problems after the repair, if a repair is needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH