Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Tires for Imagine 2600RB

I want to buy Goodyear Endurance (E rated) tires for our Imagine TT, but it looks like the current size tire on the trailer (ST205/75R 15) only comes in D rating. I'm planning to go to a 225 (which is a bit more than 1" taller), because I really want that additional weight rating (2150lbs @ 65psi for the D vs 2830lbs @ 80pis for the E). I can't see any downside to a slightly larger tire, but I'd like to hear any comments anyone might have before I proceed.
    2017 F350 CC Lariat PS 6.7
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS with MORryde CRE3000, Titan Disc Brakes, TireMinder
    2017 Imagine 2600RB (sold)
    Lots of remote camping, Mtn biking, hiking & fly fishing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verify clearance. Many have noted tire rub on the belly liner with the smaller D rated tires. I think the rims are OK to handle the extra pressure, your tire installer should verify.
    2600RB is GVWR of about 7800, so the D’s would cover the trailer weight less the hitch with an adequate 20% safety margin. With 12% on the hitch, the tires would be carrying some 6900# at max GVWR or about 1725 each. Well within capability of a D. Upgrade to an E rated is definitely a peace of mind thing and if tires are due, is probably a wise choice in your case.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Verify clearance. Many have noted tire rub on the belly liner with the smaller D rated tires. I think the rims are OK to handle the extra pressure, your tire installer should verify.
    2600RB is GVWR of about 7800, so the D’s would cover the trailer weight less the hitch with an adequate 20% safety margin. With 12% on the hitch, the tires would be carrying some 6900# at max GVWR or about 1725 each. Well within capability of a D. Upgrade to an E rated is definitely a peace of mind thing and if tires are due, is probably a wise choice in your case.
    Good thoughts. The camper is parked at a spot in the Bighorn Mountains right now, so I can't verify the clearance at the moment, but it seems like there's always been plenty of room above the tires. I had to do a repair on the plastic "fender" on one side a while back and it was quite easy to work around the tires.

Also, I just feel like we're right at the edge, in terms of capacity when we have clothes, food, kitchen stuff, water tank full, etc. Just looking for a better tire and plenty of safety margin.

Thanks Skiddy!
    2017 F350 CC Lariat PS 6.7
    2021 Reflection 297RSTS with MORryde CRE3000, Titan Disc Brakes, TireMinder
    2017 Imagine 2600RB (sold)
    Lots of remote camping, Mtn biking, hiking & fly fishing

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiadawg View Post
    I want to buy Goodyear Endurance (E rated) tires for our Imagine TT, but it looks like the current size tire on the trailer (ST205/75R 15) only comes in D rating. I'm planning to go to a 225 (which is a bit more than 1" taller), because I really want that additional weight rating (2150lbs @ 65psi for the D vs 2830lbs @ 80pis for the E). I can't see any downside to a slightly larger tire, but I'd like to hear any comments anyone might have before I proceed.
    The 2020 2450RL we purchased in March 2020 (before Covid really got bad), I had the dealer replace the ST205/75/r15 Load range "D" with
    Goodyear Endurance 225/75/r15 load range "E" before I took the unit home. They fit fine, have rendered good service and still look almost new.
    Hope this helps:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited