User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide problem on Reflection 150 26RD

Purchased Reflection 150 26Rd in September 2020. Took one trip with no issues. Second trip planned for May 2021. Getting ready to leave and slide would not retract. Manually pushing slide got it in. A week of camping where we located to several campsites. Slide gave us problems whole week. In contact with GD tech support troubleshooting problem. Was told to find repair facility and repairs would be covered under warranty. Found facility but month later repairs not done and technicians walked off job. Brought camper to selling dealership this past week. Now being told that warranty case never opened. They will have to open case, get it approved by GD, order whole new Slide system and make repairs. No idea if parts are available or possibly on backorder for up to 3 months. Dealership telling me all new units have "issues". But prime camping season is ticking by and I am paying for a camper that I can't use. Would love any insights any other GD owners can give me. What to do?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did they say was actually wrong with the slide out?
    Seems weird that they have to replace the whole slide mechanism.
    JMO but that type of slide mechanism shouldn't be used in that large of a slide with a fridge in it. Over time it's a recipe for disaster.

Unfortunately your situation is all too common in these times.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The motor had a pinched wire that was the original problem. Motor replaced but slide rails had been bent due to manual manipulation of slide, at the direction of GD. Dealership is saying whole slide needs to be replaced. Thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frawgdale View Post
    The motor had a pinched wire that was the original problem. Motor replaced but slide rails had been bent due to manual manipulation of slide, at the direction of GD. Dealership is saying whole slide needs to be replaced. Thanks for the input.
    Is this a Schwintec slide or a through the frame rack and pinion. Are you sure about replacing the entire slide or just the mechanism? The mechanism sounds more in line. Regardless of the type it is a big job for either, just different.

For a Schwintec the mechanism is bolted to the sides of the slide, for through the frame it is on the bottom.

Let us know we are very interested.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a schwintec slide and I believe they are replacing the mechanism. Just hoping the parts are readily available and not on backorder, like most everything else.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchased Reflection 150 26Rd in September 2020. Took one trip with no issues. Second trip planned for May 2021. Getting ready to leave and slide would not retract. Manually pushing slide got it in. A week of camping where we located to several campsites. Slide gave us problems whole week. In contact with GD tech support troubleshooting problem. Was told to find repair facility and repairs would be covered under warranty. Found facility but month later repairs not done and technicians walked off job. Brought camper to selling dealership this past week. Now being told that warranty case never opened. They will have to open case, get it approved by GD, order whole new Slide system and make repairs. No idea if parts are available or possibly on backorder for up to 3 months. Dealership telling me all new units have "issues". But prime camping season is ticking by and I am paying for a camper that I can't use. Would love any insights any other GD owners can give me. What to do?
    I just want to bring up a point that I found got me at least covered if not action. A lesson to be learned here is when you have an issue and / or call customer support be sure to insist on your own a case # be opened. If you can recall the name of the tech that assisted you don't be afraid to drop their name. That tech should have made notes of the conversation and opened a case # at that time. If the dealer was aware of all this they should have checked. Unfortunately you are at the mercy of the dealer at this point.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do have the name of the tech who originally helped us, along with his direct line and email address. We are presently trying to get in touch with him to see if he did open a case for this. Hope to hear back from him and maybe have a case number. Thanks for the insight.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do have the name of the tech who originally helped us, along with his direct line and email address. We are presently trying to get in touch with him to see if he did open a case for this. Hope to hear back from him and maybe have a case number. Thanks for the insight.
    Don't wait for a call back, call CS and present the information to them they can look up any history or record and it will keep things moving.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m no help, but feel your pain b/c been down same road and it still doesn’t work correctly. Leaving on big trip soon and every stop, just have major worries it won’t open and the worse, won’t close back! Our is the 260RD.
    Have 2 new motors, controller…. GGGrrrr

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible there was another initiative issue, like the motors not being in sync? I ask because we are looking at a Reflection 150, and the dealer said, every time you pull a slide in, hold the button for three seconds after it closes to make sure the motors are in sync, or the slide may possibly go out and come in a bit sideways. Could this have been the issue, snd it snagged a wire while out of alignment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk