User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also added a back flush valve. We use water, water, water.... but sometimes it happens.

When dumping, if after a bit we notice slow or zero coming out, we'll switch the hose to this back flush. Then voila! All flows smoothly again. [emoji1787]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79a69140-3df5-4b9d-b7cd-57df3be5e495.b5746bcf385ec09ac6da3386f2c6964f.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	35572

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop using the packets. They don't stop sensors from getting cleaned and little on the pyramid. I used to use GEO method but went to one below. No pyramids, clean sensors and not as much time back flushing. And the bathroom smells great all the time. Win-win-win

Calgon water softener (and not Borax), for sure, but also the addition of Pine-Sol disinfectant/cleaner. It doesn’t break down oils as much as the Dawn detergent does, has a stronger, more pleasant smell (you can use any scent), and has a disinfectant property.

Here’s how to make your own:
    Purchase or find a clean, one-gallon (128-ounce) bottle
    Pour in 40 ounces of Pine-Sol (generic or alternative pine-based cleaners can also be used)
    Pour in 4 ounces of Calgon (we like the bath beads)
    SLOWLY pour in water to fill the one-gallon bottle (it will foam like crazy and take time to fill completely)
    Gently shake
    For most holding tanks (both black AND gray; 30-50 gallons in capacity), pour in four ounces (1/2 cup) EVERY time you empty your holding tanks. A one-gallon bottle of this solution will give you about 50 tank treatments, all for a cost of roughly ten dollars.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindideb View Post
    Hi! Brand new to RVing here , second trip out and our toilet is clogged. Eeeek! The black tank emptied just fine, but the toilet is still clogged. Any ideas to help unclog it? I found something on the internet about using a plunger (will that work with this type of toilet?) and also about pouring a kettle of hot water in the toilet x 2 and letting it sit overnight (could the heat hurt anything? Help... help... We have a 21 G toy hauler if that les a difference.

Thank you sooo much for any suggestions!
    I'm kind of late to the party here, but we've had a couple of similar situations. A quart or 2 of very hot water might clear it up for you. It did for us.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had that problem and tried all kinds of things. What worked was using a shop vac with a small hose and just kept sucking it out of the toilet. Gross but it worked great!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will suggest one more device similar. To the Camco but a very powerful directional spray at the end. Only works if you have a straight drop into the tank. (flashlight will tell)

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-.../dp/B000BGHYDO

I empty at the campgrounds before coming home but when I get home, I use this device to clean the tank till I see a nice clean tank (dumping into my portable tank and using my sewer access in the back yard).

Helps with cleaning the sensor as well if you spray well all around.

Just make sure it's all the way IN THE TANK and STAYS in the tank before you turn it on or you won't like the results. Don't ask how I know.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geo is good practice but won't help if someone over does the TP and causes a drop tube jam, which is what seems to have been the OP's issue.

For that, water and patience are the immediate solution. Learning not to overload the bowl is the long term fix. Flush multiple times with lots of water.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Hog View Post
    Geo is good practice but won't help if someone over does the TP and causes a drop tube jam, which is what seems to have been the OP's issue.

For that, water and patience are the immediate solution. Learning not to overload the bowl is the long term fix. Flush multiple times with lots of water.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    And a bidet is also a great solution. Next to no TP used with one of these gems.

https://smile.amazon.com/Brondell-Bi.../dp/B075MMHQX7

I'll stop being the poop'meister now. ��
    Terry, Patty, Sophie (Great Pyrenees) and Tessa (German Shep/Pyr Mix)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS
    2021 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.75' bed /6.7L Diesel/3.55 electronic locking axle

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked the specs on the 21G and see that you do have a black tank flush. Check it out.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindideb View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help! It was a toilet paper poop pyramid....
    ...Our oldest daughter was a "wrapper" too. When she got married and moved out the three of us left at home used less than half of what we used when there were four of us.

Ergo: She was using more than half of the household paper by herself. Break the guilty party of this habit quick, or you'll be doing this again and again...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    Stop using the packets. They don't stop sensors from getting cleaned and little on the pyramid. I used to use GEO method but went to one below. No pyramids, clean sensors and not as much time back flushing. And the bathroom smells great all the time. Win-win-win

Calgon water softener (and not Borax), for sure, but also the addition of Pine-Sol disinfectant/cleaner. It doesn’t break down oils as much as the Dawn detergent does, has a stronger, more pleasant smell (you can use any scent), and has a disinfectant property.

Here’s how to make your own:
    Purchase or find a clean, one-gallon (128-ounce) bottle
    Pour in 40 ounces of Pine-Sol (generic or alternative pine-based cleaners can also be used)
    Pour in 4 ounces of Calgon (we like the bath beads)
    SLOWLY pour in water to fill the one-gallon bottle (it will foam like crazy and take time to fill completely)
    Gently shake
    For most holding tanks (both black AND gray; 30-50 gallons in capacity), pour in four ounces (1/2 cup) EVERY time you empty your holding tanks. A one-gallon bottle of this solution will give you about 50 tank treatments, all for a cost of roughly ten dollars.
    One mixed gallon of treatment (128 oz) equals fifty 4 oz tank treatments? Is that "new math"?
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12